Silver and Cold: Part 5

The next morning you find yourself to be very worried.

Harry has slept the entire night and well into the late morning and you know that he is supposed to be at work but he won't wake up.

You have tried absolutely everything. You've barked, you've growled, you've howled, you've shoved him with your nose, pawed at his chest, and he still will not wake up.

Licking at his face hasn't done a single thing either, not a twitch, not even a swat at you to make you stop, he just lays there like that fairytale you once read when you were a child.

You've now reached a point where you are absolutely terrified and there is nothing you can do about it.

No one comes to see Harry, he is so incredibly isolated out here and you are pretty sure that you are the only one within miles that knows he is even here.

Your mind is whirling with plans and ideas. Worst case scenario is that you let him be. You wait it out and hope for the best but by the color of his skin you can tell that that is not an option. He needs food, he needs water, and he needs medical attention.

As a wolf, you are completely incapable of helping him besides your warmth and at this point you don't want to overheat him. He needs to see a doctor now.

You have been hovering next to him for hours now while he lays completely still on the couch. There is only one thought that seems to make the most sense although it is not a guarantee nor is it safe for you.

You need heat.

You need to be human.

You need to save him.

With one last look over your sleeping beauty, you pad over to the guest bathroom and with your teeth you pull back the shower curtain roughly making it tear until it gives you enough space to jump in.

The plastic of the tub scratches against your claws leaving deep grooves that will never come out but you couldn't care less.

You know that this is probably your best shot, your only chance to make this work, and so you jump up placing your front paws on the tiled wall and nudge the lever to the right for the tub to fill with hot water as far as it will go.

You hop down and with all of your strength you push the stopper over the drain closed and wait.

All you can do is wait.

The tub takes its time filling up and you lay down awkwardly in the small space as best as you can. You need your fur to be fully submerged if this is going to work and you are praying that this works.

You feel the boiling heat on the underside of your belly first, the hot water coating your front paws and legs before completely submerging them.

The sweltering steam rising off of the water makes you feel like you are going to suffocate but this is a small price to pay for the man laying silently on the couch just a few feet away.

The bathtub is finally filling up and you can feel your fur begin to shiver with anticipation. You can feel it working but your head is still above water.

You pull in a deep breath as the water begins to spill over the edge of the tub and dunk your head to fully submerge yourself.

Holding your breath as a wolf is something you hadn't ever had to do before so it does take you a couple tries before you finally think you can do it. You spotted the water draining over the sides and prayed that this worked.

You were just about to gasp for another breath of air, your lungs screaming at you to let them have their fill of sweet oxygen, when it hit you like a shockwave.