The Assignment: Part 6

Green swimming pools looking into mine with surprise, laced with fear.

Dark red ichor oozed through the slice of his shirt and my assignment drew a shaky hand to press against the wound.

I had to act now before he regained focus.

I bought my foot up and kicked him in the chest, sending him down onto the ground as I clutched at the knife and swooped down, straddling him, the blade shining menacingly at his throat, positioned to kill.

His bloody hand grabbed my wrist to combat me but it slipped and I pushed the knife deeper against his throat, beads of blood rising to the surface.

"Who are you." My tone was clear, demanding, threatening.

He hesitated but I pressed the knife deeper and he hissed as a line began to form where the blade pressed into his soft, olive toned throat.

"I will ask one more time. Who are you." I practically spat at him and his jaw clenched, the muscles in his neck tensing as his Adam's apple bobbed.

"I'm a sparrow, just like you." He seethed and I rolled my eyes. I lifted the blade from his throat and slapped him hard across the face.

"No shit! WHO are you?" I yelled in his face as I replaced the blade back against his throat. The side of his cheek was a brilliant shade of red and my body hummed at the coloring.

"My name is Harry. The Agency calls me Malachite." Malachite.

"Why did they send me to kill you? What's on the hard drive?" His green eyes flashed and his hips tried to buck me off of him but I was planted, unmoving.

"Come on love, you think I really know what's on that hard drive?" Furious with his teasing, I retracted the knife from his throat and placed the end of the knife against his sternum, my left hand clutching his jaw as he looked down at where I'd placed it. He scoffed, trying to remove his chin from my grasp.

"Tell me what's on the hard drive. Now." I watched as his mind calculated the risks of telling me what he knew. It was our job after all to have a plan B.

There was always a plan B.

"I don't know shit." He said and then spat in my face.

I saw red.

With a growl I did not know I was capable of, I placed the heel of my foot on his throat and spun around so that I was facing his legs. I began to undo his belt, unbuttoned his pants, zipped the zipper down and placed the sharp object against his most prized possession.

"Stop! STOP!" He practically screamed and I threw a malicious smirk over my shoulder.

"Should I cut your balls off first or just mangle your rather small friend here?" I placed the blunt edge of the knife against his rather large friend which made the kicking of feet and bucking of hips immediately cease.

He was listening now.

He began to choke slightly against the heel of my foot but I applied more pressure so that he understood I was not one to fuck with in this moment.

"Oh-kay! Okay!" I released my foot on his throat and he sputtered, coughing as he grasped his throat but my knife stayed poised pretty on top of his bulge.

"The hard drive....it has information on it that the Agency doesn't want us to have." My eyebrow rose at that.

"What kind of information." He made to move again but I sliced the blade against his thigh and he dropped back down to the floor, hands up in the air like a white flag. His breathing was heavy and ragged as I placed the blade back against his underwear, tracing his outline with the pointy end.