Silver and Cold: Part 1

Author's Note:

I got really tired of seeing the same old Werewolf theme with Harry

So....I took an idea and ran with it....

let me know what you think!

Hope you enjoy :)

-Balletclutz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have been sitting in this cage for far too long.

Your joints crack and ache and you are aware that it has been several days since a real meal has filled your angry stomach.

Sure, your concept of time has been a little off but, you could tell just the same that you had probably been here for going on three weeks.

To be fair, you'd been caught in worse predicaments. You'd once gone up against a bear just for fun because you'd wanted to pick off one of her cubs, and really this wasn't any worse than that.

Mama bear had kicked your ass quite well but unfortunately for you bears were one thing.

Humans were quite another.

You were very lucky you'd been picked up off the side of the road during the dead of winter. That meant you had plenty of time to be here as you were now, a wolf, and not have the poor lady running this joint walk in and find a naked woman instead.

That would be both embarrassing and exploitative.

You see, your story is one that is meant to only exist in fiction novels, usually trashy ones.

The truth was, you were born of winter. You were born as all in your pack were, as a wolf.

There were some packs lucky enough to be born of summer and walk amongst the humans as one of their own in all seasons, able to change only on the full moon. Their curse was once a month, yours...well....

You were a slave to the seasons. You could not have that normal human life that those born of summer could, because you would become a wolf at the first sign of chill in the air and only be able to be human when the heat licked the layers of fur away from your human skin buried underneath.

This year, you came back to your fur in early October...earlier than anticipated...but you were fine with that. You actually preferred being a wolf to your human form because as a human you were nothing but an outcast, always on the outskirts of civilization...but as a wolf...you were invincible.

Well...invincible until that car had hit you.

Fucking humans.

To your credit, you had been chasing a beautiful stag and you were so invested in the hunt that you had completely dismissed the bright lights of the car and thought you had jumped high enough to clear it.

Well...the dislocated hip had screamed that you were wrong.

That was where Annie had found you.

You had howled for your family all night but no one came. You were farther off than you had initially thought. Your family's scent was nowhere to be found but you knew they'd track you eventually.

It wasn't uncommon for you to roam off on your own. You thoroughly enjoyed detaching from the others and just existing although it did come at a price.

If you were gone from your pack for too long, you'd begin to forget who you were and what you were. It had almost happened one time when you were twelve years of age and you went six months away from the pack. Your mother had scolded you to shit for being gone for so long but you hadn't realized how long it had actually been.