Silver and Cold: Part 7

February came and went like a blur. 

Harry and you had settled into a comfortable routine and the both of you had never been happier. 

Harry still feels like he owes you a great debt. You had somehow, in some way saved his life. His brain could not process the entire series of events on that dark January day, but he knew that had it not been for you, his wolf-dog, he'd be as good as dead. 

He had so many questions that could not be answered about that day as well as the day after it. He had known, of course, that walking across that ice would possibly lead to his demise but he had been desperate. 

You, his darling girl, had been clear across the sheet of ice, looking as if you were never going to come back and his poor, fragile heart could not bare the loss of you. You had stitched his severed heart back together with your strength and sense of calm that you instilled over his life since the moment you entered it. He had a sense that you had decided to leave because he had been so angry and cold with you but...he couldn't make that thought make the tiniest bit of sense and yet...it was the only thing that came to his mind. 

He had been so mad that morning. He knew that Sarah was nothing serious, but it was the idea of the thing. It was the idea that he could spend the night with a woman again without scaring her away with his broken mind and desperate cries in his sleep. 

You had ruined that chance for a tiny semblance of normalcy...but...a part of him had been thankful you had ruined it and really that was what had made him even angrier. 

He wasn't one for one night stands, he loathed them, but he just wanted to be himself again. He wanted to feel like...like a human being again. 

But you had ruined it and he had actually been glad. 

This made him furious because again why couldn't he just be normal? Any normal guy would have taken the opportunity, put the dog outside on a leash, and gone back in to finish the job.

But he hadn't. 

He had just laid there all night completely numb as the woman pouted before succumbing to sleep. Harry had just stewed over the fact that you knew him better than he knew himself...and you were a dog. 

But you weren't just a dog to him, clearly. He had risked his life to get you to safety. He had been terrified of your being out on that ice, the thought of you falling into the freezing waters had done something to him, forcing him out onto the pond. He hadn't known what he would have done to save you, there hadn't been a whole lot of logic or thought gone into his plan, and that was why he had been the one to fall through the ice instead and not you. 

You had been the one to save him, not the other way around. 

That fact still had him completely baffled. 

Even more baffling was the girl with the sunshine eyes saving him the next day in his own home. He hadn't known what had happened to him, between Selene laying on him to keep him warm (another thing he was trying to figure out how to make sense of), and then the goddess of a woman who had shown up and given him the breath of life. 

All he really remembered was that one minute you were there and the next, some raven haired beauty with eyes like liquid gold was staring down at him and forcing his body to live before she disappeared without so much as a trace of her existence. 

She had been bronzed, kissed by the sun, with almond shaped eyes that cradled the pools of molten lava that were her irises. She had long, straight black hair that rivaled the brilliance of the night sky, and her lips were the color of a dusty rose, perfectly shaped and plush.