Silver and Cold: Part 2

The air is frost bitten and a deep inhale tells you that you are right, it is very much January and the snow lying on the ground is fresher than it had been when you'd first arrived at the shelter. 

Your breath fans out before you in phantom clouds as the human brings you, on a leash no less, to his car. It is fancy, you don't care much for mundane things that excite humans and bring them material delights but you can tell that this is expensive.

You have half a mind to rip his leather seats just because, but you're still trying to make a good impression so you press the pads of your paws respectfully against the material, being mindful of your claws. 

You are enveloped in warmth and for only a moment you are terrified that your fur is going to melt off of you and reveal your human form but the man beams across at you and you can relax again. 

"Alright darling, are you ready for your new home?" He asks with a smile and you know you can't nod because that would freak the poor soul out so you just stare at at him and tilt your head which makes him laugh and now you can't stop from panting. 

He has a wonderful smile. He reminds you of a floppy chocolate haired puppy, all limbs and uncoordinated but his cuteness detracts from his awkwardness. 

Your human takes you down the road for several miles before arriving at your destination on the outskirts of town. His hand had found its way into your fur along the drive and had absentmindedly scratched at your neck the entire way and any time he'd begin to stop, you'd nudge his arm with your nose and gain another chuckle from him before he'd resume his scratching again. 

The home is a modest one but the land it sits on is not. It is surrounded by evergreen forest and snow abounds for miles before settling near a large frozen pond just beside the house. It is gorgeous and your blood hums at the sight of the wilderness so close to you. 

"Alright, stay there for just a second and I'll come round to get you." The human says happily to you and you just watch as he turns the car off and swings his body out of his side to close the door and make his way over to you. 

You are mildly excited about seeing this man's home. You wonder what is inside but you also notice that your instinct to run towards the forest line is also making you antsy. 

The call of the wild is one you cannot ignore for too long but you hope that you can at least push it aside for just a little while longer. 

"Alright beautiful. We're home." His deep voice reminds you of crackling fire and it warms you even as the cold air envelops you as you jump down from the seat and into the snow. Your fur purrs at the sensation and you hope that with your new living arrangements that there will be time for you to just lay in the snow whenever you want. 

"This way girl." He coos to you as he leads you by your leash up the front porch and into the house. You had to take your time a bit on the stairs but your human assisted you by getting behind you and lifting you by your haunches so that it wasn't too painful. You admire his thoughtfulness as he beams down at you before entering his humble abode. 

It is exactly how you imagined it to be, masculine but not in an overbearing sort of way. There are framed artwork pieces hung about that surprise you and a guitar nestled lovingly next to an armchair. A plush emerald green couch rests up against the living room wall and the wooden floors lead towards a kitchen that peeks out from a window through the wall and a lining of doors down the hallway suggests two bedrooms and a bathroom for guests. 

There are potted plants hanging as well as sitting around the living space and you wonder about those. Does your human enjoy the outdoors? Does he have a thing for nature?