vii. breathe me

When you can tell your story
and it doesn't make you cry,
that's when you know
you've healed.

vii. breathe me

When Charlie regained consciousness, he found himself on his bed with a sleeping Gemini next to him. He just laid there and watched her sleep.

Eventually he worked up the courage to touch her. He kept running his hands over her face, ever so gently. He ran his fingers through her hair and sighed.

Gemini barely stirred.

"Wake up." Charlie said as he saw her eyelashes fluttered.

They opened.

Her eyes which had turned orange tint color focused on him. She blinked and her eyes were back to their normal brown color.

And then she smiled. It made his heart swell in his chest.

"Does your eyes change color when you wake up?" Charlie asked.

"Sometimes but mostly only when I phase." Gemini answered in a slow, still sleepy voice.

Charlie nodded.

"How long was I passed out for?" Charlie asked.

"Maybe three hours or so. You must have been really shocked." Gemini replied.

"Well, I wasn't expecting to have a supernatural soulmate. I can barely handle the wolves running around here." Charlie said.

Gemini chuckled.

"I think you're doing a good job of handling it." Gemini said.

Charlie smiled.

"I wouldn't be the Chief of Police if I didn't know how to handle things." He said.

She reached out an arm and played with the back of his hair.

"Why do I feel the need to kiss you?" Charlie asked as he stared at her lips.

She grinned at him.

"Because you like me." She answered.

"Are you sure it's not the mate thing?" He replied.

"Could be but are you going to kiss me?" She asked.

Charlie ran his thumb across her bottom lip. His phone started ringing and Charlie pulled his hand away from her face and picked up his phone.

"Hello...Bella, I'm fine. Nothing is wrong. I just took a nap." Charlie said into the phone.

Gemini rolled her eyes at the things Bella was saying.

"Bella, I am a grown man and your father. As much as I appreciate your concerns but trust me, Gemini is not a threat to me." Charlie said.

Bella continued with her rant about how she couldn't find any information on Gemini being related to Tiffany and she could be a serial killer or something.

Gemini started shaking. She bit her lip from screaming out. She didn't care about what Bella was saying about her but talk about her child and Gemini will declare war on you.

"Bella, enough! The biggest threat in my life is you raising my blood pressure. Goodbye!" Charlie yelled as he ended the call.

Charlie looked down at his shaking hands and then he looked at Gemini.

"I'm sorry. Calm down, I can feel your anger." Charlie said as he grabs Gemini's hands.

Gemini closed her eyes.