xxv. company

But if you're gonna dine with them cannibals
Sooner or later, darling, you're gonna get eaten . .  Nick Cave

xxv. company

"Hey, I found someone outside," Gemini said as she walked into the living room carrying Beau with Inadu behind her.

"Gemini, you can't just let anyone in," Carlisle said, sternly.

"Relax, she's one of the good ones," Gemini said.

"Hello, Peter, Charlotte," Inadu said, addressing her longtime friends calmly as she looked around the room filled with Vampires, and other supernatural creatures.

"Hello, Inadu," Peter said, his voice formal. At the same time, Charlotte grabbed Inadu and hugged her as she expressed how happy she was that she had come.

"Charlotte," Peter said, trying to get his mate off of Inadu.

"It's fine, Peter," Inadu said as Inadu smiled and quickly hugged Charlotte hoping that it would make her let go of Inadu.

"With you here, the Volturi doesn't stand a chance," Charlotte said as she moved back to her spot by Peter's side.

"Who said I was fighting against the Volturi?" Inadu asked Charlotte.

The atmosphere changed abruptly, Peter and Charlotte becoming tense.

"Then why did you come, Inadu?" Peter replied.

Inadu smirked.

"One, I came to see what the problem was, and two, I came to meet the people who took Jasper from me," Inadu said.

"So, you won't help us, help them and Jasper," Charlotte said.

"Depends on how I feel by the time the Volturi gets here, but I did warn Jasper a long time ago about this coven and all the trouble that would follow them, but no, he didn't want to listen to me, and now look because the Volturi are afraid of not being the superior coven due to this coven's growth and gifts they want to eliminate them," Inadu explained as she took a seat and picked up at her nails.

Gemini smiled.

"I like her," Gemini said.

It took a moment of silence before Edward spoke up.

"I'm sorry. Who are you?" Edward asked Inadu.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce you to everyone," Peter said.

Inadu rolled her eyes.

"This is Inadu; she's an extraordinary friend of ours and Jasper; we asked to come and be a witness, but she's in one of her moods," Peter said.

"And what is she?" Edward asked.

"She's The Loch Ness Monster," Inadu answered sarcastically.

Gemini chuckled.

"Inadu," Charlotte said. "Be nice," She added.

"Please, it would be helpful to everyone here if you told us what you are; we can sense the difference between you and us," Carlisle said.

Inadu sighed.

"I'm a Demon-Witch," Inadu said.

Everyone's frozen forms remained after Inadu said what she was, but they looked at her more curiously, now accepting that she was the stronger predator in the room.

"You're not," Gemini told Inadu.

Inadu raised an eyebrow at Gemini.

"I can read minds," Gemini told her.