30|° let go

(hey! I'm so sorry for the long wait. I hope you enjoy!)

HOPE MOVES through the wide isles, returning book after book back to its place.

She silently hums a melody to herself, all the while feeling such potent and palpable peace settled over her. Frankly, she is surprised to feel such peace after such a teary weekend and exhausting week. Still, she doesn't fail to realize God's subtle hand on her life, His umbrella of love held over her and His arms wrapped around her.

The first time this feeling came over her was only three days ago. She'd woken up at night to help herself in the loo when suddenly, she started to feel a strong urge to worship. Sleep had suddenly escaped her, as if afraid of the strong conviction inside of her. When she couldn't ignore the pull any longer, she had decided to worship. A few minutes in and she couldn't exactly recall what had happened in words that could fully capture the experience.

The only way she could express her joy at that moment was through tears. The beauty of beholding His Presence was like nothing else she'd ever seen or experienced and even now, three days later at the library, she can still feel the effects of that one experience, still as strong as when it happened three days ago.

This peace isn't some kind of peace which canceled out all her problems and pain. No. It is a different kind of peace. A kind of peace that let's you get through the storm fearlessly and without worrying. It's peace that points you to its source  allowing you to fix an unwavering gaze on Him, trusting Him to hold your hand all through.

She hasn't forgotten what happened to her but she knows this is healing. This is exactly what healing should feel like. The abyss of pain through the weekend was part of it all along and this euphoria is part of it as well. It could be likened to plummeting down to rock bottom and rising up high regardless.

That's the cycle. With God though, it doesn't seem or feel as lonely and depressing as it usually does.

Somehow, the twins have steered clear of her path and she's grateful for it. She did need those days to herself, if only to clear her head and focus on herself rather than project her insecurities and regrets on either of them in the form of hatred and insults.

She continues to hum, moving along the isles and cutting a corner at the end of the isles before walking down another one. She gets to the librarian and she smiles at the grumpy lady before continuing on her way without waiting to see her response.

A girl approaches her timidly, if the way she looks anywhere but at Hope is any indication. Hope, seeming to have the energy to smile at every single person, smiles warmly at the unfamiliar girl as the girl stops before her.

The girl immediately smiles and Hope notes how she suddenly stands a tad bit straighter. Hope reaches out and hugs her. It would have felt awkward to a different Hope who seems like a distant memory to her but to this particular, current Hope, the conviction to do that single action without a particular reason is stronger than any awkwardness she could feel.

She is surprised to feel the girl hug her tighter, as if she has been waiting for someone to simply hug her without talking, but strangely knowing that an understanding has passed between the both of them.

Hope pulls away from the hug and the girl nods, taking a step back. On seeing Hope's raised eyebrow, she clears her throat, unburying something from the right pocket of her jeans. She extends her hand towards Hope , handing her the small and folded piece of paper.

Hope frowns but takes it anyway. Before she can question the girl though, she scurries off to another section of the library.

Hope, picking up her forgotten hum unfolds the paper before reading it silently;