20|° parents' day

THE RANGE Rover cruises along the highway, leaving trees and buildings to their blurry oblivion, its destination being Loice's school

Lawrence hadn't any idea that the Essence of Success' parents' day would be today. He was reminded by their mother this morning and he immediately began to get ready. He definitely does not need to prepare psychologically when it comes to anything about seeing his sister.

Neither does Col, because the smile that has been on his face all day long is one that even Law hasn't seen for a long while. He made sure he carried Loice's phone and a powerbank just incase, then went on ahead to purchase such a huge data plan on their MiFi, Lawrence doubts Loice will be able to exhaust it.

His younger sister, their little baby girl, deserves to be spoiled in all the ways. A foam of warmth starts to gather at the center of his chest and Lawrence wonders, if it's starting this early in the day, what is going to happen when he finally sees her?

He cannot wait. He can feel the excitement coursing through his veins in liquid form, keeping him moments away from beginning to bounce on his seat. God, he has missed her. One and half a month since she reported back to school and yet, it feels both like he saw her a few hours ago and an eon ago. He cannot even decide what to make of this feeling.

"Boys, we are here." Their mother announces, bouncing on her seat in both excitement and anticipation.

Lawrence nods at her in amusement, glancing at the huge gates of Essence of Success as they roll away. Loice is one loved girl but she is also one lovely girl too. It is just so easy to love her.

Lawrence is just glad he is her big brother so he can spoil and protect her to the ends of the world.

"You are weirdly quiet," Lawrence turns to his brother.

Col smiles cheekily, as if he knows something Lawrence doesn't know and then he starts speaking, without stopping. "I'm so excited. I'm going to see Loice today. I don't know how it's possible to feel this much joy just because of seeing a sister but damn she special, that girl. When we are at home she annoys the hell out of me. But the best part is always getting back at her. Like that one time when she tried to mark us in our sleep so she could tell who was who —"

"And then we switched the marks before she woke up and confused her all day. I can't forget the look on her face when she realized she had been fooled." Lawrence continues and they laugh out loud.

Their parents exchange a look which is coupled by a grin and they shake their heads, apparently unable to say anything.

"We are so going to play mind games on her today."

"It's not a day with Loice without twin mind games," Lawrence agrees, nodding.

"Just let her enjoy the day first," their dad says, giving both of them a pointed look.