¶ summary + author's note

❦︎ summary

HOPE

all Hope has known is her bad decisions, her sister's snide remarks, her mother's patience which she definitely does not deserve and Alice's friendship. Despite her complicated life, things have never gotten hectic, decisions have never been hard to make and schoolwork has never been impossible to complete until Collins walks into her life.

LAWRENCE

his relationship with God has always been unstable and he has always put his brother first, doing what his twin asks, or doesn't ask; even if it means being misunderstood. no one will notice though, right? because he's the shadow. Lawrence has never had a problem with this, until his twin asks one particular favor that proves to be difficult and beneficial to him; then, Lawrence must learn that perhaps, putting himself first isn't a sin.

❦︎ author's note

☾︎✔︎this story is not my life, it's entirely fictional. my characters are not me and their experiences are not mine. their growth isn't mine and their accomplishments aren't mine.

☾︎✔︎ i am a big fan of lasting and decent friendships so you might see alot of that here, i hope. lol.

☾︎✔︎also, i am a big supporter of the 'respect your elders' notion. so you will see that in the interactions between the character's and their parents or the elderly.

☾︎✔︎ this may or may not be controversial, as i said, my characters experiences aren't mine and if you would react differently if you go (or have gone) through the same experiences, then i understand. however, do not discredit how they react and how they feel. respect their responses and reactions as i do yours.

☾︎✔︎ i have not experienced what my characters are experiencing.

☾︎✔︎ if you are looking for perfect characters from the go, then this is not the story for you. Our MCs are flowed, so give them space to grow and a healthy environment to outgrow their current misconceptions.

☾︎✔︎this is set in Kenya (Africa), a city-ish called Nakuru. yes, all my characters are African (people of color).

☾︎✔︎yes, you will meet Swahili here and there but whenever i use it, the equivalent translation will be provided in italics at the end of the sentence. i say equivalent because some words in Sheng' (a mixture of self originated words, English and Swahili) or pure Swahili (Kiswahili sanifu) cannot be translated word for word or else they'll lose their meaning.

☾︎✔︎ my characters are currently in university. i don't know if this is true, but i heard that there's a law against using real schools. so to be safe, CNU  (Central Nakuru University) is purely fictional.

☾︎✔︎ in Kenya, there's a lot of tribes (i really don't know how many, lol) you might have heard of some though; Kikuyu, Kamba, Taita, Giriama, Maasai, Samburu, Luhya, Dholuo, Mijikenda, Kalenjin, Somali, etc. i really don't know that many. anyways, point is, you might meet tribe names like Professor Muringa, Mumbe, Kamau, Njoroge, Ndanu, Wanjiku, etc.

☾︎︎✔︎this really isn't a book about tribes and culture so that WILL NOT be the center of it. however, i will subtly mention them here and there.

☾︎✔︎ i will mention said tribes a few times just to bring to your attention and clear some tribal stereotypes that go around here in Kenya, mostly.

☾︎✔︎ this story is written in third person and there's no cussing. the cussing part is not because of the characters, it's because i don't cuss and writing it would feel weird.

☾︎✔︎ the points of view alternate between Hope and Lawrence.

☾︎✔︎ our MMC is born again but our FMC is not.

☾︎✔︎ yes. this book will explore spirituality. alot.

☾︎✔︎with all that said, I hope you enjoy this and most of all, love it! i will be pouring my heart out in this writing, so please be nice.

☾︎✔︎ finally, it's me, your host, @elitenells 😂lol.

¶ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠

Contains mild anxiety, emotional and physical abuse. Read at your own risk ⚠

¶ COPYRIGHT 2020 ©

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. PLAGIARIZE MY WORK AND I'LL THROW YOU TO THE WHOMPING WILLOW.

              ❦elitenells.

•start writing : June 22nd 2020•finish writing : August 8th 2022

start writing : June 22nd 2020
•finish writing : August 8th 2022

start posting : October 20th 2020
•finish posting : August 8th 2022