1|° we meet again

THE WIND blows, ruffling Hope's books yet again

THE WIND blows, ruffling Hope's books yet again. She groans, scribbling down her sentence inhumanly fast. She has to complete this essay in fifteen minutes and the only reason she is not seated in the comfort of the library right now is because her faculty's library is locked and the main one is one hour away, therefore leaving her with no choice but to sit on these outdoor study areas.

An aggravated sigh escapes her as the unmerciful wind blows away her notebook which contains the summarized points.

"Damn you wind," Hope mutters into the air as she bends down to pick up the leather brown notebook. She raises her head, only to see her textbook shut and the pages of her exercise book struggling weakly against the winds ferocity.

"Well, you give me no choice," she says, burying her head in her hands, "other than to get a redo on this assignment," Hope continues, remembering how the faculty halls and lecture rooms are always packed at this time of the day. The Mess is not even an option at lunch hour.

"Unajiongelesha tena? " A familiar voice teases and Hope feels the familiar presence of Jordan take the seat across her. "Speaking to yourself yet again?"

"Shut up," Hope grunts irritably.

"That's a shame, seeing as I have good news," Hope can practically hear the smugness in his voice.

"Lemme guess, you got another catch."

"Unanibebanga aje?" he asks incredulously and Hope almost laughs. "Anyways, Professor Muringa's class has just been canceled." "What do you take me for?"

Hope finally uncovers her face, smiling from ear to ear with an intense urge to jump up and down but she resists the urge, having a pretty good idea that this might just be one of Jordan's jokes.

"When did this happen?" Hope asks cautiously.

"About fifteen minutes ago. Seriously, beats me why you are even in the class group if you can't check for updates."

Hope doesn't dare believe him, with how she was stressed over her work. She digs into her bag and retrieves the device going directly to check the class group updates.

Sure enough, there it is. Canceled. All the weight lifts and she goes back to her procrastination methods. She promises herself to finish the essay sometime later and when she looks up again, everything suddenly seems different.

The wind isn't frustrating anymore. In fact, she loves how it tries without success, to detangle her afro. How it plays with Jordan's shirt, trying to unglue it from his body. The smiles of people suddenly seem jubilant and the environment vivacious. She watches as two sparrows standing on an electric pole nick each other and then fly away, one looking at the other bewildered and she could have sworn the other sparrow winked at her. Hope laughs a little and at the sound of Jordan's voice, she remembers that she has company.