26|° day out

{triple update my loves bc I've kept you waiting, enjoy}

LAWRENCE DESCENDS the tiled steps slowly, taking one at a time

LAWRENCE DESCENDS the tiled steps slowly, taking one at a time. At the bottom, his gaze meets the sight of his dad, mom and Col seated on the gray leather seats.

A smile creeps up his face as he slowly tiptoes to his mother, who has her back to him and slips his hands above her eyes to cover them.

She sighs, slumping into her seat while at the same time trying to pinch off Law's hands from her face.

"Gerroff, Law," she says in mock warning.

Lawrence barely flinches, intending to make her second guess herself.

"You forget that there's no other occupant of this house aside from you who wasn't already in the room before you." She sighs, pinching his hands harder.

"Ow, woman! You pinch like a dog's bite." Lawrence says, finally letting go of his mother. He smiles a little at her, torn between his desire to ruffle her hair and that of keeping both his hands whole and painless. He finally decides not to, figuring that he does not want the consequences of that single action following him for the longest time ever.

"Those pinches kept you both in line, didn't they?" She asks smugly.

Lawrence shakes his head, turning to his dad who nods back to him briefly. "How are you, son?"

"Good, dad." Lawrence smiles, "How's your morning?"

"Spectacular." His dad nods again, sipping from his steaming cup of tea while flipping through the newspaper he's holding.

Lawrence acknowledges Col who nods, saying, "Plesident Kingston, how's your stay in our premises? Are you satisfied with the services here?"

Lawrence rolls his eyes, pretending to think for a moment, "There are a few things you could improve on. See my assistant, she'll give the list to you."

He looks pointedly at his mother, who narrows her gaze at him.

"I'm not your assistant, am I?"

Lawrence smiles innocently. Their dad lets out a brief chuckle.

"Mom, it's pretend assistant. Just in my head."

"So in your head I run around after you carrying your briefcase?" She arcs a perfect eyebrow.

"Uh well, since you're building the imagery-" he shrugs. She gives him a flat look and Lawrence goes to speak. "Don't be a party pooper."

"I don't even care what that is," she shrugs, now glaring at Lawrence. When he lifts his hands in surrender, she leans back on the seat and folds her arms over her chest with a smark perfectly lining her lips, "Pick your father instead."

They all turn to their father whose smile immediately turns into a scowl. Col lets out a laugh while Lawrence lifts his hands higher in mock surrender. "Thanks, I'll pass."