16|° stereotype

LAWRENCE AND Ndavi have not spent that much time together and yet, it is almost as if the two have known each other and conversed with each other before

Lawrence smiles, wondering what it is that ever caused him to treat the guy the way he did before. Ndavi definitely did not deserve that. From the few conversations that the two have had lately, Lawrence can tell that Ndavi has such a pure personality. It's endearing in all the ways.

He is seated at his usual spot at the back of the hall and Ndavi is seated on his left, writing down something on his notebook. Once he is done, he carefully puts down the pen on top of the notebook and turns to Lawrence.

"Ask me," Ndavi suddenly says.

"Huh?" Lawrence asks, bewildered.

"For the past five minutes, your gaze has been drilling into my head," Ndavi points out, "So you must have something to either ask or tell me."

Lawrence looks away for a moment. He did not even realize that he was staring at the guy. He has had a hard time trying to figure him out though, that's for sure. There is something about Ndavi that just intrigues him.

"So why would you think it's a question and not a statement?" Lawrence asks.

"That's a lame question even for you," Ndavi laughs a little, "Now don't be shy."

Lawrence narrows his eyes at the guy sitting next to him. Ndavi is setting a trap for him and Lawrence falls right into it.

"You are very funny," Lawrence states dryly which causes Ndavi to beam, a wide smile on his face. "That was meant to be ironic."

"I know. I'm just happy to find out that you have dry wit," Ndavi says with a shrug.

"My wit is anything but dry," Lawrence huffs.

"Oh yeah?" Ndavi challenges, raising a perfect eyebrow. When Lawrence nods furiously, Ndavi sighs, pretending to think for a moment. Finally, he speaks. "Okay, dead wit then."

Lawrence narrows his eyes, trying to keep up the front of annoyance but with Ndavi beaming at him the way he is, he finds it difficult to even pretend for a moment. He sighs and turns away from Ndavi, a small smile coloring his lips.

There is a kind of peace settled over him at this moment and Lawrence loves it. It makes him realize for the first time that there has been many chaos around him lately. A war of wills, ego and pride. Lawrence must admit that this feels good for a change.

"So, that question." Ndavi says, leaning forward on his seat.

"You don't stop, do you?" Comes Lawrence's immediate reply. When Ndavi shakes his head, Lawrence sighs. "I'll ask you in due time."

Truth is, he doesn't know how to ask what it is that he wants to ask. He doesn't know how to word the question and most of all, it is going to be plain awkward.