## ★ 1.3

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴

now playing
promise - ateez

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴

3 R D P E R S O N P O V

Yunho and San arrived to see the majority of the group hanging around the playground, with only Seonghwa and Y/n sitting on the swing set, chatting amiably about the earth and space, something that they both shared a common interest in.

Seonghwa was going on to Y/n about how he loved to watch sunsets when he was little and how he would stay out late to watch the stars. Y/n was genuinely interested in what he was saying as they both slightly swung back and forth on the swing set.

While talking, clouds rolled in and a brisk gust of wind made itself known. Y/n shivered in response to the descending temperature. Seonghwa noticed immediately; "Here, take this," he offered, shouldering off his jacket and handing it to her.

"Seonghwa, you shouldn't. I'll be fine. A little cold never hurt anybody."

"I insist," he smiled.

San and Yunho walked up, multiple bags laced across their arms, filled with snacks. The group clamored to greet each other, Yunho eyeing Seonghwa and Y/n the whole time, who were still sat on the swings.

Taking note of Yunho's incessant stare, Seonghwa turned sly eyes upon Y/n and decided to test out San's theory. He suddenly stood at full height, towering over Y/n before crouching in front of her.

"You should zip this up, you know," he said softly, deft fingers zipping the jacket closed, his face nearing hers. So close, Y/n thought, her cheeks warming. He's so close.

Seonghwa couldn't help but smile cheekily at Y/n obvious flustered reaction. He takes a step back and turns around and crouches, offering, "Let me carry you back."

Y/n scrunched her nose up in hesitance but agreed nonetheless. She got off of the swing and wrapped her arms around Seonghwa's neck and stood her legs far enough apart for Seonghwa to wrap his arms around her legs and pick her up.

Y/n made a small sound of fear in the back of her throat as Seonghwa stood up and started to lumber towards the group. As he walked back, he noticed Yunho wasn't looking, he was aggressively setting bags onto the blanket and laying food out.

Yunho looked up only to shoot Seonghwa a blank, cold look, eyes hard. Seonghwa simply smiled knowingly as he comes to a conclusion.

"You can keep the jacket," Seonghwa announces suddenly, looking back to eye Y/n, aware that Yunho was within earshot. "It can remind you of me." Seonghwa quietly lowered Y/n onto the grass.

"Hey, Yunho," Seonghwa says with a smile, a smile that Yunho wanted so desperately to slap off his face. Yunho grunted in response.

Y/n, still a bit flustered from the piggyback ride, smiled radiantly at Yunho, who only returned the gesture with avoiding her gaze, a scarlet blush atop his cheeks.

"Y/n! Come here!" San shouted.

"Isn't that Seonghwa's jacket?" San asks as he lets go of the girl from a bone-crushing hug.

"Yeah, he insisted that I wore it," Y/n explains while she looks down and plays with the hem of the jacket. "He wants me to keep it too, and I might just take him up on that offer. This jacket is surprisingly comfy."

Hongjoong, Jongho, and Yeosang - who were all setting up the food on the blankets - made the final touches to the layout. "Come eat!" Hongjoong called out.

Mingi was the first to rise, rushing to grab a plate and a seat. One by one everyone filled out the blanket.

According to plan, of course, Yunho sat a few seats away from Y/n, separated by San and Seonghwa. Everyone was too preoccupied with eating and conversing that nobody paid mind to when Wooyoung scooted closer to Y/n.

"Here, Y/n," Wooyoung says, holding up a strawberry in front of Y/n's face. She bit down, and Wooyoung gave her a cheeky smile. They giggled together like schoolgirls, which was normal for friends.

Except that Yunho watched, not amused.

Not amused in the slightest.