## ★ 2.3

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

3 R D P E R S O N P O V

"Well this is a nice change of scenery," Yunho says as the nurse leaves the room they were in.

"You are sitting in the school's nurse's office with a busted lip and bloody knuckles," Y/n say, astonished at how he was staying optimistic.

"I was being sarcastic," Yunho says with a small chuckle. There goes that optimism

"They are both idiots," Y/n says as she sits next to Chan on a small couch in front of the two beds that the beat-up boys are on.

"Why were they fighting anyway?" Chan whispers to me as he looks at both boys.

"Jisung was making some comments about me and Yunho thought he was flirting and I guess he overheard you talking to Jisung because when he was tired of it he said 'Didn't Chan tell you not to flirt with her?' and then Jisung got mad and they fought," Y/n explain to the best of her memory. She was still a bit shocked at the whole situation.

Chan takes a few seconds to process what she said before he looks back at the two boys. Both of them were in their beds just laying there staring at the ceiling since they couldn't really move their arms from being sore and having a ton of bruises.

"Was he flirting with you? What was he saying?" Chan asks while still looking at the boys.

"He was just talking about how I'm pretty and how he likes my personality and how I genuinely care for people," Y/n say, "y'know, basic compliment stuff,"

Chan takes a deep breath while slightly nodding as a response. "Well, I did tell him not to flirt with you and that to me was definitely flirting," Chan thinks before he looks back at Y/n. "The kid who was fighting Jisung, what's his name? He looks familiar,"

"His name is Yunho, he came over to our house one time to work on the project with San, Nari, and I. He was the one I was hanging out with last night when I wasn't home" Y/n hesitates before she speaks afraid of his reaction to what she is about to say.

"He was also the clerk at the flower shop we went to when we first moved here," At that, Chan seems to tense a bit, recalling that he didn't exactly like the boy because he seemed to be 'flirting' with Y/n at the shop, and now he was protecting his sister because he had overheard him say not to flirt with her?

Maybe he's not so bad

Chan takes a deep breath then nods. "I like him," Maybe I just judge people too quickly

Chan stands and leaves the shocked Y/n sitting on the couch, watching him as he walks over to the bed Yunho was on. Y/n didn't expect Chan to say that about Yunho.

Both Y/n and Jisung couldn't hear the conversation as it was spoken in only a faint whisper; Chan didn't want Y/n to hear them.

"Hey, Yunho?" Chan whispers, too afraid to try and shake him to get his attention. Yunho turns his head to face the man that was crouching beside him. "I wanted to say thank you. I know we got off on a bad start at the flower shop, but Y/n trusts you, so I will too," Chan smiles slightly while Yunho smiles way wider.

"And," Chan pauses, "I'm okay if you want to hang out with my sister after school that's not at someone's house, as long as one of you guys tell me first this time, I will be okay with it," Chan finishes.

"Thank you. I was hoping at some point we would be able to get along. Y/n is a really nice person and I know you were gonna clock Jisung if you saw him flirting with her, so I just did it for you," Yunho says. Chan laughs quietly and so does Yunho.

Chan watches as Yunho turns his head back to look at Y/n while she looked out of the window near the couch. "You didn't just punch Jisung because you knew I would later, there was another reason, wasn't there?" Chan says with a small smirk playing at his lips.

He could sense that he had liked Y/n in some way, but oddly, he seemed okay with it. Yunho tensed a bit at hearing that as he looked back over to the smirking Chan. His cheeks flushed, Yunho shakily answered, "N-no,"

Chan chuckles amusedly at his nervousness. "Well, if by any chance you do like her, I won't kill you. I know I can trust you, and I'm glad you listened to me even when Jisung didn't," Chan smiles, "Treat her well,"

Yunho becomes overjoyed as he tried to sit up abruptly, resulting in him groaning and Chan helping him lay back down while he chuckles. "Thank you," Yunho says as he adjusts himself on the bed.

"For what?" Chan asks, brows furrowed in confusion.

"For trusting me," Yunho smiles, He's okay with me dating her

Chan displays a closed-mouth smile as he gently pats Yunho's shoulder. Han stands and walks back towards Y/n who was now on her phone. He sits down tiredly and yawns. The nurse walks in and Chan and Y/n both raise their heads.

"Good news is, there aren't broken bones. Only two busted lips, a bloody nose, some bloody knuckles, and many bruises. I'm going to bandage up your knuckles," The nurse says as she points her pen at Yunho, "And I'm going to fix up your nose for you," she says, shifting her eyes to Jisung, who was still half asleep; Yunho was wide awake and smiling.

"After that, you both may go home," the nurse nods and begins to walk back out the doorway to grab her things.

Chan's phone dings and he fishes it out of his pocket to read the new text from his mother:

mom
you're not going to school tomorrow, we
have an emergency flight back to busan

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴