## ★ 1.8

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴

Y U N H O ' S P O V

"This is where the ramen is, pick which flavor you and Hongjoong want," I say pointing to the variety of ramen that the store carried. I begin to walk away when I hear Wooyoung speak.

"Hyung?" he asks turning his attention towards me. I turn around and give a small hum as a response. "How do you know if you like someone? Are their symptoms like how there are if you're sick?" He asks.

I think for a moment and the first person that comes to mind is Y/n. Does Wooyoung like Y/n?

I shake the thought and tried to come up with a response. "When you like someone, you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams," I say as I look at him. "Why do you want to know?" I ask.

"Have you ever felt that way?" Wooyoung asks as he faces back towards the ramen, skimming over his options. Yes I think Y/n

"Yeah...yeah, I have," I say as I walk closer towards him. "What are you trying to get at?"

"Do you like Y/n?" Wooyoung asks bravely as he turn back towards me with a serious look on his face.

Yes, I do like her. I like her a lot. Am I able to trust Wooyoung? Would he make fun of me? Would he be mad at me?

What do I say?

I take a deep sigh and walk closer towards him so I can keep quiet. "Yeah, I like her. Don't tell anybody. San would get cocky about it," I tell him. Wooyoung smiles as if he had just saw his favorite childhood superhero for the first time.

After his moment of excitement, he calmed down a bit and looked at me. "Why can't I tell San? Why would he get cocky?" He asks.

"He used to say things like 'you don't know it now, but you will like her eventually, and I will support you through it' or some shit like that. I just don't want him to tell me 'I told you so,' all the time." I explain. Wooyoung nods.

"How long have you liked her?" he asks as he grabs two different flavors of ramen.

"When she moved here, so about a month ago, she came into the shop and I thought she was cute, but I didn't really try anything more than a subtle flirt because I thought that I would never see her again. Then after, and once I started to see her daily, it escalated slowly into me catching feelings fast," I explained.

"Cute," Wooyoung says with a small smile. "I think I'll take these two, thanks for showing me where they are, Yunho," he continues. We begin to walk back to the table where Hongjoong and Y/n are sitting at. Before we turn the final corner Wooyoung grabs my shoulder and whispers to me:

"Ask her out,"

My body instantly becomes stiff, continuing to walk towards the table while Wooyoung just smiles at me becoming nervous, that little ass.

I look at the table and see Hongjoong in my seat, both of them smiling. Y/n turns towards us and smiles.

"Hongjoong, I got your favorite flavor," Wooyoung says as he walks to where Hongjoong was sitting, showing him the two cups he had picked.

"Alright, let's buy them then head out, later guys!" Hongjoong says as he stands up from the chair and walks over to Y/n. He bends down behind her and wraps his arms over her shoulders and rests his head next to hers.

Seeing that made me think of what they could've done when Wooyoung and I were in the aisles. Were they that close then?

He lets go and walks towards me, I give him a small side hug and wave him off as he walks towards the register. When I turned around I saw Wooyoung hugging Y/n the same way Hongjoong had; both of their faces were awfully close to Y/n's.

Wooyoung let go and walked to me to say goodbye as well. "Ask her out, I saw you're jealous expression when I hugged her," he whispered as he looked at me "If you ask her out you could hug her like that," he inches closer to my ear to make sure Y/n wouldn't hear him, "You would like that, wouldn't you?"

Wooyoung pulls away with a smirk as he pulls away and pats my shoulder. "Bye guys!" He exclaims as he walks towards where Hongjoong was. I sit back down in my seat and check the time, it was nearing 8 o'clock.

"We should probably get you back to your house," I say as I grab my empty ramen cup and toss it in the trash, along with my tea. Y/n nods and throws away her trash as well. We exit the building and get back into my car.

"Thank you for today, I had a lot of fun," Y/n says as she turns to me. I look at her and she had genuine thankfulness and happiness present on her features.

"I had fun too, thanks for coming with me," I said as I started the car and drive to her house. The drive was silent beside for the subtle rhythm of playing from the radio quietly. Out of my peripheral vision, I saw Y/n slightly hugging herself while looking out of the window.

"Are you cold?" I ask as I momentarily take my eyes off of the road to look at her figure. She looks back at me but I look back to the road since, well, I am in a moving car.

"A little bit," she says shyly. Why are you always so cute?

"I have an extra sweatshirt in the backseat. You can wear it," I suggest. Y/n hesitates a bit before she turns around an reaches her arm back to grab the sweatshirt.

I had actually hoped she would get cold at some point tonight so I could give her my sweatshirt to wear, I will admit, I wanted to see her in my clothes.

She unbuckles her seatbelt and slides the tan sweatshirt over her head and snakes her arms through the sleeves. I take a quick glance without her noticing and admirer how she looked: her eyes were a bit droopy and the oversized sweatshirt made her look even cuter and more cuddly than she already did.

I look back at the road and smile slightly as we pull onto her street. I drive until I'm in front of her house and stop the car. "Thank you again for today, I had a lot of fun. I'll pay you back for the tickets and the food tomorrow," Y/n says as she looks back at me.

"You don't need to pay me back, I offered to take you out so it would be unfair to make you pay for anything," I explain as I turn in my seat to face towards her. She rolls her eyes with a small smile and I give one back.

"I should head inside before Chan beats my ass for being out," she says "I'll see you tomorrow," she says as she opens her arms for a hug. I do the same and lean into her embrace. I wasn't lying when I said her hugs were comforting, because now I didn't want to let her go.

"I almost forgot about your sweatshirt-" she starts as she tries to lift the garment over her head. I place my hands on her shoulders and she stops.

"Keep it on, it'll be cold outside, plus it looks good on you," I affirm as I rub my hands on her shoulders.

"You're being so cheesy today," she says with a chuckle.

"Baby, I'm cheesy every day," I say pointing small finger guns at her and making a clicking noise with my tongue, to which she reacts by softly pushing my arm.

"Whatever, bye Yunho," she says with a smile as she opens the door and begins to step out.

"Bye, Y/n, sleep well," I say as I watch her completely exit the car.

"You too, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

And with that, she shuts the door and begins her short walk to her house. Once I see her open her door and wave back at me, I start my car again and pull away from the curb and begin my own commute home

I'm trying really hard not to want you.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴