Chapter 10 - An Eventful Beginning (part 1)

After watching the last remnants of Flynn fade, Bai Lian did not stay in the inner consciousness for long. A dizzying sensation welled up from within, causing him to slip away into what seems like a dream.

.
.
.
.

A small figure lay still on a large bed in the middle of the room.

His immature body is quite small when compared to the large mattress beneath him.

Dressed in a loose white garment as to not irritate his wounds, the boy appeared extremely frail, especially when accompanied with his pale skin.

If not looking closely, one would not be able to find traces of life in him.

Slow, shallow breathing, in an extremely deep sleep of who knows when it would end.

Barely any traces of warmth and no hints of color.

But all of a sudden, the light silver lashes fluttered slightly, and his breaths became chaotic.

Bai Lian is currently under a state where he can clearly feel all his limbs, but he could not even open his eyes, much less his fingers. He gradually perceived what he felt as he calmed his mind.

This feeling...... a mattress? The softness is much more exquisite even when compared to his already well made bed back in his world.

Bai Lian's eyes felt heavy, his limbs tired. It took quite a bit of time before he was able to feel his finger, then moving them slightly.

Then he was finally able to feel more sensations.

Such as the warmth of being under a light but comfy sheet, the slightly cool air.......

And a stinging pain.......

Bai Lian's eyes widened.

The sharp sting coming from his shoulder and waist made him feel as though he is being stabbed deeply by knives, making his mind go blank for a moment being letting out his breath and panting for relief.

"Uhhhh......" Bai Lian couldn't help but grit his teeth and grunt in pain.

Instead of his usual tone as a well developed teenager, the voice came out as the painful whimper of a child.

This brought Bai Lian back to reality.

It was a little confusing and hard to accept, but he is now......

His view laid on window by his side, which its reflection shows a child with blue-silver hair lying on a large bed.

The currently 7 year old him has the usual childish features of a kid, a round and immature face, and a short figure.

And everywhere other than his hair, like the color of his eyes, to the pale petal colored lips, resembles his original appearance in every way.

It felt as though he is reliving his life....

Bai Lian sighed, not knowing how he should feel, and only thought it was a pity arriving at this time and not earlier, like before the death of Flynn's mother, also Duke Henrik's wife and the 1st princess of the wind elves:

Seraphile Wisteria.

It really is a pity, but......

With great effort, Bai Lian tried to prop himself up against the pillow.

It's no use trying to regret. He should focus on what to do at hand. At least this body had not swallowed that pill yet.

Bai Lian used his hands to pull lightly at the collar of his loose, white button shirt and stared beneath.

Bandages are wrapped around the thin, pale body beneath. Judging by how the bandages seemed spotless without the slightest bit of blood, Bai Lian assumed the injuries had healed quite a bit. Though the constant pain reminded him that the wounds are not as trivial as it seems.

It must be the residue poison that's still inside his body......

After examining himself, Bai Lian let out a sigh.

Thinking back to Flynn's memories. Bai Lian decided that it's time to make a move....

Taking in a deep breath, combining his skills along with the constant, piercing pain, he let out a scream.

____________________________________

In the innermost part of the manor, locates the duke's workroom.

Amidst the various tall shelves and drawers filled with documents and books, is the duke's desk.

Working under the tall lamp, sat a man around the age of 30.

He has hair which would resemble a waterfall reflecting dark blue underneath an almost lightless night. Shimmering with the glow of the moon as it trails down over his chest. The long strands are tied low with a black ribbon, giving him a scholarly appearance as he checked over a document.

His refined features held traces of fatigue. Faint dark circles covered the lower area of his violet eyes. His hands reaches up to rub between his eyes as he let out a deep sigh.

Unable to endure, he got up from his seat as he made his way to the door.

He would be checking on his youngest son again.