Chapter 4 - The Boy Named Flynn Wisteria

Bai Lian is currently in a state of half consciousness. Countless scenes are playing in his head, forming a tale, a story, the past of someone's life.......

A young boy, born from a human duke and a beautiful elf princess. Born with high mana capacity and talent.

His father, who became the duke at a young age fell in love with his mother when she visited the human kingdom for experience. The two overcame the boundaries of race and culture, and both the elf and human kingdom then allowed the two to get married.

Together, they had 4 children: Elias Wisteria, the eldest son who is a year older than Luke Wisteria, the 2nd son. The youngest son, Flynn Wisteria, is 3 years younger than Luke. And the last child, the only daughter of the family, Adianne Wisteria, is a year younger than Flynn.

Contrary to expectations of conflict in a typical high standing class, the four children of the Wisteria house got along in harmony. Some reasons may include that they had a bright and proper upbringing from their caring parents, and also how none contended with the other for assets and property.

Elias, who is talented with the sword and has strong physical strength wants to become a knight. He wants to train fellow knights in the future and become their captain to protect the kingdom.

Luke, who has strong magical power and talent in spell formations wants to become a Royal Mage. Since his older brother wants to become the captain of the knights in the future, Luke decided that he wants to succeed the Wisteria household.

Flynn Wisteria, who has a large mana capacity wants to become an influential mage. His goal won't be hard to achieve due to his background and talent.

Adianne Wisteria is the only child who had no aspirations as of yet, however, she is born with the rare talent to use light magic, so her future is bright, regardless of what happens.

Such a strong family is rare, even as one of the few duke families in the kingdom. This subjected them to looks of worship, admiration, but also jealousy and fear.

Though few would be capable of bringing down one of the most influential houses in the area.

Bai Lian is seeing all the past as though he is a spectator in all the scenes, but one thing the scenes all had in common is that Flynn Wisteria appears in all of them.

Surprisingly, Flynn looks almost just like him. They have the same pure and innocent face, the same large eyes and long lashes, the same faint blush that occurs naturally on their faces that made the two look especially lovable when laughing and pitiful when sad.

The only difference between him and Flynn exists in the hair. Bai Lian has soft and straight black hair, while Flynn has a somewhat tousled hair style. The strands are silver in color, with a touch of blue at the ends.

Even Flynn's eyes are identical to Bai Lian's,
Containing a bright watery blue color.

So it's quite an interesting experience watching these scenes, as though watching another him in another life.......

........ The life of Flynn Wisteria was simply bliss and happiness, he had everything one could possibly hope for: a happy family, riches, and a certain future.

So why didn't everything go the way it's supposed to?

... On the day of Flynn's awakening, the day where his mana will be released from the lock placed upon him at birth. Many influential figures came to the party to meet the 6 year old Flynn Wisteria.

The awakening is an event where a child who had a mana lock placed upon him at birth could take it off and unleash their true potential. The mana lock is used on a child at the age of 1 to limit their powers during the time the control is poor. By doing so, a talented child would not hurt those around him, and the built up power would hone their bodies to make them less susceptible to harmful attacks.