Chapter 21-Σ(・口・)

At the end of the story, Ming Ye sighed in regret and helplessness, and Bai Lian does not blame him.

Considering the tragic pasts of their body's original owners, Ming Ye's situation is undoubtedly worse than his. Putting aside his turbulent first night in this new world, Bai Lian could at least say that he is currently safe and is supported by his father who would protect him at all means.

On the other hand, his pitiful little junior is surrounded by enemies at all sides, with no strong supporter behind him. Adding on his malnourished body, even surviving seems difficult. So much for being a prince of the empire.

Ming Ye sips the tea silently to soothe his throat while he recalled all the unpleasant memories with a frown.

"The moment the dream ended, I woke up and panicked. The maids who came in only opened the door slightly to make sure I did not break anything and left without saying anything. Their eyes... it's as though they were looking at a roach that would die at any moment...." Said Ming Ye. Even in his not so great past life, he had never been looked at in such way. In any case, he could not stand the atmosphere in the castle and made his way here to check out his so called fiancee instead.

"I'm not a picky eater, but they gave me moldy bread to eat! In the castle, it would be much easier preparing an actual meal that find that scrap! I mean, do they actually have to dig through kitchen trash just to torment some kid!?"

"Junior."

"Yes, Senior."

"I understand you are frustrated, but I have to remind you not to act out of character in other people presence. Also, stop calling me senior. It would be beneficial to get rid of that habit. For now, it would be best for us to get used to our new identity."

Flynn really could not stop his remark. Alois's meek looking face and his junior's personality were so incompatible that it almost felt sinister.

"Oh, right, sorry se- Flynn." Alois instantly straightened up his posture, Then slackened his back again 3 seconds later as he continued talking.

"So Flynn, what are your plans?"

"What plans can I have, Alois?"

"Well, plans to get back home?"

"...It can't be that you think I know a solution to this problem?"

"Well, maybe at least a lead?"

Flynn scrutinized Alois's expression deeply and spoke softly:

"I understand that It's difficult for you to accept, but you need to come to a realization sooner or later."

"Alois, we are dead in that world. Bai Lian and Ming Ye, no longer exists."

The black haired boy trembled at these words, his fists clenched so tightly that his nails made a deep mark in his palms.

"But... It all happened so suddenly...maybe we are just unconscious and our bodies are lying in a hospital! There's no way we are dead! if such a bizarre situation can occur, the possibility that we are still alive in that world can't be completely denied!"

At this point, tears started to form in Alois's eyes and streamed down his cheeks uncontrollably.

"Died? I can't die yet. After finally attending a prestigious high school that I studied off my life for, after obtaining my chance at a brilliant future and break free from my poor background, and after promising my parents a carefree future.....I'm their only child....." At this point, Alois's voice broke off into uncontrollable sobs.

Flynn had never consoled anyone before, so he felt helpless. However, he could tell that it would be best to give the boy some hope, so he began to tell him about the existence of gods and how it was them who transferred the two to this world.

Fortunately, the boy's eyes gained some light.

"If they can revive these bodies and turn back time, they should be able to do it again! They are gods after all! So Gods exist in this world too! just like the game!"

"But how do we meet them? and how should we convince them to bring us back? Maybe we'll encounter them in a dream?..."

Flynn chuckled at Alois's mess of a face that's filled with tears and snot and speaking out incoherent words through his stuffed nose and hiccups. It should be a miserable sight but the smile on Alois's face affected Flynn as well. He felt at ease for the first time after entering this world. Of course, he is not naive enough to think the gods will really allow the boy to travel back, but it's better like this for now. As for whether Alois will truly be able to return home, only time will know...

.

.

.

After consoling Alois, Flynn learned more about this world from Alois's experience of the mobile game that this world seem to be the exact replica of. The boys chatted on and on, well, mainly ongoing prattle on Alois's side and Flynn's occasional questioning. Before they knew it, the sun had set long ago and a knock sounded on the door.

The sudden sound shocked the two, and they both stared at the Duke Wisteria who walked in with a servant by his side.

"I'm glad to see the two of you getting along together so well. However, Prince Alois, it's getting late, so it would be best for you to head to the nearest teleportation formation as soon as possible. If you are here to see Elias, you can visit us another day. We would be more than happy to accommodate you again then."

Alois opened his mouth in reluctance but no words came out. In the end, Flynn took over and replied for him.

"But father, Alois has no servant or knight to escort him. It's also dangerous at night, moreover..." He took a quick glance at Alois's arms.

Duke Wisteria followed his gaze and saw the pitiful prince's skinny arms. Then his gaze wandered down as saw the pair of legs underneath his shorts that are just about as skinny as those arms.

"...On second thought, Elias and Luke will be back tomorrow. Perhaps it would be better for the prince to quickly get better acquainted with everyone since we will be a family in the future. I can send a message to the emperor to let him know that you will be staying here for a while. Would that be alright, prince?"

Alois's face instantly brightened up.

"That would be awesome!"

Flynn set down his teacup loudly and coughed.

"I mean, then I shall thank the duke for these accommodations." Alois said with a straight face.

"There's no need to be so reserved. You can call me father in law if you like."

"I understand, father in law!" Alois's straight face collapsed, causing the duke to chuckle.

Flynn sighed internally. Then when the duke suddenly turned to look at him, Flynn quickly put on a shy but lovely smile.

Before the sudden appearance of the prince, the duke had originally thought that the fourth prince has a gloomy demeanor, which is unsuitable for his already quiet first son. Now that he studied the boy again, he realized that he could not be more wrong. This boy would actually be a good companion for both Elias and the shy Flynn.

"This servant here will attend to your needs and take you to the guest bedroom. Finally, I have received a message from my sons stating that they will arrive tomorrow around noon. Your highness can look forward to seeing Elias then." The duke spoke with a kind smile.

Alois, who totally forgot that his original purpose here was to meet that male fiancee:

.....Σ(・口・)!!!?