Chapter 1 - The Senior Called Bai Lian

Bai Lian's looks are exactly like what his name sounds like.

Beautiful...
Pure...
Elegant
And kind...

It's a pity the actual person couldn't be any more different that this name which meant 'White Lotus'

The prestigious high school located in A City is the most famous learning institute in the area. The school only has around 300 students, around 100 in each grade from 10th to 12th.

The sizes of the buildings are immensely large. About 4 times the size of the second largest high school in A city, with about 7,000 students.

So why is a school that's large enough for 28,000 students only have 300 student?

Well, there are a couple of reasons.

For one, since most of the school's students are from out of the city, out of the region, or from another country altogether, the school provides dorms.

The dorm rooms are unlike that of a normal dorm. Each room is about 5 times the size of an average bedroom, and each is connected to a large bathroom with a large round tub about the size of a small pool. The rooms also have large windows, polished floors, and cleaning bots that constantly moves but knows how to stay out of the way.

Such dorms are unaffordable for the average students, as they are actually resided by some of the richest students around the world.

Many are rich 1st generations, who are mostly young teenagers who had started their own business and made themselves rich and famous.

Many are rich 2nd or 3rd generations, children who are the child/ grandchildren of rich families anywhere around the world.

The rest are the minority, only about 10 of these 300 students are not one of the two above. They are the scholarship students, those who stood out in grades and test scores among all the other individuals.

And Bai Lian is not one of them.......

He is a rich 2nd generation, whose parents are shipping tycoons. However, while his parents provided the necessary funds and background for him to be able to enter this school, they were prepared to pass down their company and resources to their illegitimate 2nd son, who was swapped with him at birth.

It was only when Bai Lian turned 12 that his biological parents came for him.

For a child who had grown up in an average family, he got used to the life of the rich quite quickly. Maybe it's in the genetics, or he was just good at adapting, but the 12 year old him at the time was still quickly accepted by his family.

As for the illegitimate 2nd brother, whose mother is actually the housekeeper hired by the Bai family who swapped the two sons at birth; his parents continued raising him since 12 years worth of affection couldn't disappear in a moment. The Bai family is quite forgiving as they only reprimanded the housekeeper and deducted half a year worth of salary.

It had turned out that Bai Lian was taken by the housekeeper, who entrusted her sister to raise him.

The sister, who didn't have much suspicion since the housekeeper is oftentimes busy, carefully raised Bai Lian. It was because of the careful nurture that the Bai parents didn't fire the housekeeper, as she had been working for them for many years.

But despite being their biological son, the parents were still skeptical of their son's abilities since he had not learned any skills or knowledge necessary to inherit their company. Though a few years later, Bai Lian, with his talents, quickly learned much about business. While it wasn't enough, the Bai parents saw hope in that he might be able to shoulder their assets.