Chapter 16 - An Unexpected Guest

Adianne Wisteria, is a little girl with gold eyes and hair so brilliant that she could be seen as the embodiment of the sun itself. These traits identify her as a light element user in the same way that black hair and red sclera are usually only found in dark element users or in other words, demons.

That's why whenever anyone lays their eyes upon this beautiful girl from the Wisteria Household, their hearts will be filled with goodwill towards her instantly. Her presence is like the light itself: warm, bright, and soothing to the soul.

And right now, This little girl huddled at the edge of the bookshelf, shyly peeking up at her older brother with her glistening round eyes.

Bai Lian exposed a warm smile and made use of his pure eyes to appear harmless. He then crouched down gently near Adianne, as if preparing to beckon to a kitten.

"Adianne, come here."

The kind welcome made Adianne want to rush over to give her brother a hug. But as soon as she moved her hands, her body instinctively remembers the time Flynn forced out his mana, causing numerous bone chilling ice to erupted from the ground, blocking the sky... and all that is left is the darkness and biting cold...

Adianne shivered. her eyes are filled with a trace of both fear and yearning.

"Brother Flynn..."She whimpered."Sorry..."

"What are you saying sorry for? Brother is the one that is in the wrong, your older brother should be the one saying sorry."

Bai Lian softened his voice even more, and Flynn's voice came out as a quiet and soothing whisper.

"Adianne, brother is sorry. Brother will never hurt you anymore. The problem is solved. You won't see those ice anymore if you don't want to."

"It's solved?"

"Yes."

Bai Lian slowly extended a hand towards the little girl.

"Adianne, won't you forgive your older brother who does not want to be hated by his precious little sister?"

"I will never hate big brother Flynn!" The girl exclaimed. Then she suddenly flushed red, realizing that her voice was quite loud.

But she did however, extend her hand just like how Bai Lian did. Her small fingers lightly rested in Flynn's own small hands.

To Adianne's surprise, Flynn's hands were warm, completely unlike those frozen nightmares she had. She felt her older brother close his hands, gently clasping it around hers. This gave Adianne a sense of security that the girl had never felt from Flynn before.

"Brother, are you really fine now? I heard from Daddy that you're suffering a lot because you are ill, that is why you can't control mana."

"Of course I'm fine now. Can't you see that your brother looks perfectly healthy?"

Adianne's gaze landed upon the gauze wrapped all around the boy's upper body...

...Skepticism filled her face.

Flynn: ...... (^ν^) .......

Adianne: "Brother you lied to me!"

.

.

.

After this short exchange, an obvious change in attitude could be felt from Adianne. Instead of avoiding and watching her brother from afar, she boldly made herself comfortable by sitting across from Flynn, beaming brightly as she hummed.

"Brother, you're reading Elementary Guide to Magic?"

"Yes, your brother could finally use mana now. To protect my dear little sister, I would have to become strong, right?"