Chapter 2 - The Truck Strikes!

On the surface, Bai Lian and Bai Yu both seemed to be competing fairly for the assets, but only the two of them know of the fierce competition and schemes they had both went through.

Bai Yu had never liked this older brother. After all, who could stand a random older brother popping out of no where and threatens his place?

But Bai Yu hid it all beneath his kind facade. Unlike Bai Lian, Bai Yu has a fairly normal appearance but carries himself with grace. This allowed him to manipulate all those around him into thinking that he is still the strongest competitor for the assets, that he also has a more mature and well behaved mindset, after all, the 12 years worth of upbringing couldn't be denied.

Everyone is tricked by his appearance.... except Bai Lian, after all, he is who all the malice is directed towards. At first, after Bai Lian was pushed down the stairs by Bai Yu or had his belongings broken, Bai Lian would try to find his parents for help. But his brother would run into his parent's arms with tears in his eyes, and cry out that he had been misunderstood.

Compared to Bai Lian who had been raised in an average family with no knowledge of manners of the rich, Bai Yu seemed much more trustworthy. Not to mention Bai Yu is extremely skilled at acting as the one being wronged. After a while, Bai Lian stopped opposing Bai Yu on the surface.

Soon he began to learn, his movements became graceful, and he started carrying himself elegantly with the manners befitting that of the eldest son. He pretended that he and his brother got along, so Bai Yu would find it harder to frame him if an accident occurred. After all, most would find something wrong if the younger brother blames the older brother who cared for him so much without evidence.

Though this didn't stop Bai Yu from scheming. There were many different ways for him to stop Bai Lian's progress. But Bai Lian isn't idle, for every set back he encountered, he displays more ability and hardwork.

Now it has all paid off.......

It was settled a month ago that whoever scored the highest on the city wide college exam would win the right to inherit the assets.

And Bai Lian had won.

Soon, the contract to the right to property will be his. Then after university, the companies will be passed on to him. His future is painted brightly with fortune and good signs.

There is also no need to act like his brother anymore. He is sick of currying pity and favors like his brother did. At first, he did it for survival, so he wouldn't fall. Now that his footholds are stable, there is no need to pretend to be "good". Afterall, it's more to his liking to directly crush someone.

This was why he wasn't afraid to beat Yun Jing up.

Now nearing the exit of the school, Bai Lian didn't hesitate as he walked out, his steps unyielding. There, he is stopped by a familiar figure.

Brown hair and brown eyes, average height and a skinny physique.

Bai Yu.

As Bai Lian walked forward, Bai Yu also stuck along by his side as they are on the way home.

"Big Brother, I saw the exam results earlier, looks like you have won, you have my respect. I can only say it's my defeat. I'm sure the company will be safe in your hands."

What Bai Yu said contains no malice, but Bai Lian remembered how Bai Yu had declared to him that he will obtain the company no matter the cost. Looks like Bai Yu will just keep pretending that he had never said such words.

" Are you sure you are satisfied? Didn't you tell me you will not just settle for a high company position under me? I thought your dedication was much higher than this" Bai Lian had put down all pretenses as he said this sarcastically.