Chapter 7 - The Boy Named Flynn Wisteria (part 4)

Flynn did not want his father to find any peculiarities with the sudden power he had gained.

To make sure his father won't have any doubts about whether his control had really gotten better, Flynn spent a few days adjusting his mana waves, making sure that the pill really works and has no backlash.

Then afterwards, he told his father that he felt something different about the mana within his body, and asked if he could get examined.

Duke Henrik took Flynn to one of the best examiners in the area, who told the duke that Flynn's usual violent mana waves have gotten calmer, that it had become usable.

While the result was sudden, both the father and son are elated. When the examiner knew that Flynn had encountered a life threatening situation not long ago, he could only deduce that the sudden change may have been caused by the body's defense mechanism while he was in danger.

"It's simply a blessing in disguise!" The examiner had exclaimed, but Henrik felt otherwise.

While it's definitely great that his son had recovered, he believed that no reward could offset the danger Flynn had went through. If it weren't for the adventurer who happened to rescue his son, it's hard to believe that Flynn would have returned alive.

But regardless, what had happened had already happened. Flynn had gained control over his mana and just that fact alone is worthy of a celebration. Henrik was elated, though not nearly as much as his son. The duke hired many outstanding teachers who taught Flynn how to properly use his mana and form spells and formations. For the child who had always dreamed of such a chance, he took up the knowledge like a dry sponge soaking up water, and news quickly spread through the kingdom that the good for nothing son of the Wisteria House had regained his talents.

The fear his siblings originally had of him also slowly dissipated, and although his brothers and sister felt ashamed of how they avoided him so, Flynn forgave them easily and things had begun to turn in the brighter direction.

Though soon, a change had begun to take place within the child who started to step forward in life.........

____________________________________

In this scene, Bai Lian no longer sees the same familiar boy with the short, wavy silver-blue hair.

In a large bedroom with luxurious furnishings, the cold morning light shined dimly through the large glass window. Due to the room's cool colored wall paper, the light shined through appears in a pale blue color, which the light, like a spotlight, lit the slim youth standing in the middle of the room.

Flynn Wisteria had grown quite a bit, his uncut hair trailed down just below his neck, reaching his collar bones.

The young boy is currently standing in front of a full body mirror, his upper body bare. His originally pale skin had somehow grown even paler as the result of being away from the sun.

On his body, large, distinct scars could be seen, but they are no longer as ghastly as years ago.

None of his features are much different from the past, but Bai Lian notices a subtle difference with Flynn's eyes.

He isn't completely sure whether the change was bought about by the dark lighting of his room, but his eyes aren't as bright as back when he was younger. The usual ocean blue color had become darker.

If the previous color could be described as the shimmering, shallow ocean water below the bright, afternoon sun, now it's like the blue of the deep sea covering miles of darkness beneath.

But what brought about this change? It isn't difficult to guess: the unknown pill the cloaked person had given him.

Though only Bai Lian could guess this, since he compared the Flynn directly from as a child to now. Flynn himself and his family couldn't see the gradual difference.