Chapter 12 - An Eventful Beginning (part 3-end)

The hooded figure moved the instant he spoke. A strong arm reached out of the cloak and grabbed a hold of Bai Lian's neck, choking him as the frail body beneath gasped and struggled for breath. Before Bai Lian could react, fingers were forced into his mouth which shoved the hidden pill down his throat.

The boy's eyes quickly opened wide in alarm. He tried to resist but knew that with just the strength of a 7 year old boy, he could not fight the other off.

The pill, which can cause one to awaken with dark affinity is none other than the undeniable proof of being affiliated with demons. No matter what, Bai Lian cannot allow the past to occur to Flynn again!

The hooded figure let go after he completed his task, now simply glancing at the boy attempting to throw up the pill. He knew that his attempt is futile. After all, as soon as the pill is swallowed, the contents will spill out from within and be absorbed into the body, vanishing without a trace.

Sure enough, the hooded figure is soon able to see the dark element envelope the boy's body and secretly contaminate the core within.

After seeing the desired result, the man grabbed a hold of the miniature paper formation within his robe when Flynn suddenly let out a  pained gasp, his eyes widening as he clutched at his chest, shuddering.

This reaction got the hooded figure to release a hold of the formation and instead went to check out the boy.

'There shouldn't be any pain inflicted when one injests this pill, why is his reaction so extreme?' This thought flashed by the man's mind. 'I cannot mess up this plan!'

Unfortunately, this show of pain is not an act. The moment this pill was swallowed, Bai Lian felt as though needles are piercing through each of his veins, wrecking his already fragile body. The pain was so extreme that he could barely let out a whimper of pain, causing his eyes to open wide, tears forming. Even so, amidst this pain he used the lingering remnant of his conscious mind to grab a hold of the man, who was trying to examine his body to see the cause of pain.

This movement startled the man, who then instinctively tried to pry his arm away from the boy's grasp.

Even when using most of his strength, his effort did not release him from the young boy's grasp, who instead fell out of the bed from the force and hit his back hard on the wall, right below the window. The force knocked the wind out of Flynn, and toppled the lamp right beside the bed, falling with a thud beside Flynn's hands. Seeing the lamp, a thought went by Bai Lian's mind and he instantly used all his strength to quickly grab a hold of the lamp, throwing it against the window.

The heavy lamp proved to be of much stronger material, producing a deafening sound as it shattered through the glass, breaking through the calm of the night outside the room. Following afterwards, he pulled himself up, releasing a hollow of help powered by the extreme pain coursing through his body.

Bai Lian's reaction was so fast that the man only reacted when he heard Flynn's cry for help. Now no matter how frustrated he is, He must leave. After all, the soundproof formation can only encompass the inside of the room. Expanding the radius beyond the room won't make his visit unnoticed as there are numerous servants still working in the halls. 

He only has a few seconds to escape before someone comes in. And a few seconds, is more than enough to get rid of a kid who can't utilize mana!

Ominous darkness formed and swirled around the man's hands, forming into a large blade. With a swipe of his hands, the blade cut towards the Flynn who had used up all his strength!

Bai Lian now can't even move a single finger, his muddled mind screamed in warning but he could only watch as the dark blade slowly cut through the air, threatening to split his body into 2.

...wait... slowly...?

From deep within, Bai Lian felt a strange force erupting, coursing through his veins, threatening to explode out....

.

.

.

.

.

.

A short moment later, when the duke entered his third son's room, he was met with a devastating scene.

Furnitures and decorations are completely demolished, with their pieces flown to various corners of the room. The walls also were not spared from the damage, looking as though an invisible forced exploded from the center of the room, causing them to convex outwards.

But what's truly devastating is the corpse against a wall which appeared to have been crushed, its former state unable to be seen. blood and innards are strewn across the floor and wall, its pungent stench causing the servants in the background to well up with puke.

But the duke disregarded the stench and filth as he stepped into the crimson room, quickly making way towards the child lying on the cold and broken floor. 

Holding him in his arms, Duke Henrik ordered:

"Hurry and get the doctor!"

Then after glancing at the corpse, he frowned and continued:

"And also contact the Knights of the 5th Division."