Chapter 5 - The Boy Named Flynn Wisteria (part 2)

Since that day... Flynn Wisteria was never the same.

The impact his mother's death on him was much stronger compared to rest of his siblings....

...afterall, he knows that the main cause was due to him.

Why wasn't he more careful?

Why wasn't he more prepared?

Why was his control so bad?

Since that day, his father found it hard to look into his eyes, probably because he looks too much like his mother, and how he might not be able to contain his anger if he does.

His eldest brother, Elias, despite never blaming him or hurtle any insults, spoke to him very rarely. His eyes held struggles as he tried to contain his emotions and rationality when Flynn appeared in his sight.

As for Luke, the one who slapped him on that day, he had grabbed Flynn by the collar of his shirt after he regained consciousness. Being screamed at right after waking up was a horrible experience for Flynn. The yells resounded deeply within him, but Flynn was not about to deny any of it, and when Luke was about to go out of control, Henrik and Elias had to pull him away.

As for the young Adianne who did not witness her mother's gruesome death, none of the family members told her what had happened. They only told her that Seraphile had gone somewhere far for a long time, which Adianne had thought her mother went back to the elf kingdom.

So due to this, Adianne felt no anger or other negative emotions towards her older brother. She instead felt confused as to why her older brothers and Father treated 3rd brother like so. However, whenever she asked, she would only be given a vague answer.

Flynn was constantly in a state of self deprecation, his eyes are then always dark and gloomy.

The people around him, the servants, his friends, his family.... he can see clearly the fear and anger in their eyes.

But he understand them, after all, everyone loved his mother. His beautiful and caring mother who read him and his siblings bedtimes stories. His warm mother who smiles like the sun, bringing feelings of comfort and brightness onto all of them. His caring mother who would hug them when they're sad, reprimand them when they fought, and play with them whenever she had time.

Flynn had taken all of this as given, but he never would've thought it would all end so abruptly. His life went from the peak down to the bottom.

After a while, Flynn rarely walks out of his room. Because whenever he sees his family, his mind is overwhelmed with guilt and fear. His family's faces reminded him of his mother's face when she died, also of their fury when he regained consciousness.

Everywhere around the estate reminded him the memories of his mother. Rather than overcoming these emotions, he felt that he was unworthy of being forgiven, so he locked himself within his room, oftentimes starving himself.

As time passed, his brother's fury had passed a little. They already knew their mother's death was an accident. But they were still unable to get rid of the sadness, which was why they vented it on Flynn.

As they started to regret their actions, they tried their best to pull Flynn back out of his shell. With the help of the little Adianne, they were able to get Flynn out of his room more easily.

When Flynn saw that anger and resentment no longer exists in his brother's eyes, he started to take steps to redeem himself, and finally starts walking out of his mother's shadow.

He cautiously acted, not wanting to hurt any other people near him. Yet he also wants to live up his name of being a son of Duke Wisteria.

So he wanted to improve his magic. His siblings realized that he wants to improve himself, so they also stepped up to help.