Chapter 8- The Boy Named Flynn Wisteria (part 5-end)

As celebration music sounded, the guests all got into a cheery mood as most of them are teachers and students from the academy, and the others are parents of these students.

The top graduating students all stood together in a lively circle, discussing their future plans, with the exception of the now 18 year old Flynn.

The Flynn as a young adults has long, silver-blue strands cascading down below his hips, with the only style being having his bangs combed back, revealing his sharp, cold, but beautiful features.

As Flynn grew, his childish baby fat disappeared, and a face with more mature features is exposed.

The years worth of time changed who he is. His kind eyes back then are now narrowed, casting a dark shadow upon his pupils, making his eyes seem darker than they already are.

He is the only top graduate not conversing with his fellow schoolmates, this made him stand out a bit as he instead stood leaning against a wall, his arms crossed. His indifferent and cold demeanor attracted a few onlookers who were curious about him but were too nervous to get close.

"Flynn!" A deep voice sounded out.

The youth's cold eyes turned to the direction of the sound. Then, a hint of warmth was seen as he walked over to his father and brothers.

"Father." Flynn called out calmly, then he greeted his brothers whom he had also not seen much in these years.

Duke Wisteria has a proud look in his eyes. If it weren't for the loud celebration occurring, he would find it hard to believe that his son, who couldn't properly use the slightest bit of magic back then had become a top graduate of the most famous academy of the human continent.

The family who had not seen Flynn in so long crowded around him, listening intently to his experiences, and chattering happily about what has occurred in the following years.

"3rd brother, did you know that the crown prince of this kingdom seem to hold some feelings for our little sister?" Said Elias. Luke nudged him in annoyance, afraid others will overhear

Flynn's face showed surprise as he replied:

"I've never heard about this."

"You have not? In fact, it was because the prince took her to gain some hunting experience that she had not arrived. She did say that she definitely have to attend this celebration for you, so rest assured that she will come."

"Is that so..." Flynn muttered happily.

"Ahem," the emperor's voice sounded loudly with voice enhancement magic. Everyone silenced under his authority.

"Now it's time for the main event, let us welcome up the top 10 graduates!"

All the guests cheered as the Royal Family's band played the kingdom's anthem.

Flynn excused himself as he made his way up to where the rest of the graduates were standing and stood beside them.

Above them, the emperor was smiling amiably in front of his throne. A servant walked up to him, holding 10 badges.

As the servant handed the badges to the king, Flynn felt a light throbbing in his head, but didn't think too much into it as it wasn't painful.

The king then called out the top student in the 10th place, who walked up the stairs, and the king personally clipped the badge on their chest.

At this time, the throbbing grew a bit more apparent, but as this is a very important ceremony, Flynn could only hold it in.

It time for the next person to walk up. Flynn stood as still as he can, but couldn't hide the pain on his face. When it was almost his turn, he stumbles a bit, but quickly went back in place, which only the person next to him noticed.