Chapter 3 - On the Cloud...

"Ahhhhhh! My head!!!" A scream sounded as a young man sat up straight and clutched the sides of his head.

"Ahhhhh-!" The scream continued, until a voice suddenly sounded.

"Quit the shouting, there isn't a single wound on you."

The voice sounded ancient, profound, and somewhat mysterious as one cannot discern the age of the person speaking.

The young man on the 'ground' sat up when he realized he really wasn't bleeding and scanned his surroundings...

... though there isn't much to scan for.

The area that's visible to him is enveloped in a warm and golden light. The ground seemed to be made of fog, misty and soft as though it's made of cotton.

If if weren't for that his thought is unscientific, the young man would've thought he is on a cloud.....

"You are on a cloud, young man." The mysterious voice sounded once more.

The young man twitched in surprise as that voice somehow answered his thoughts.

"Ummm...... this... sir... may I ask who you are and where I am?"

The voice replied: "this is the Upper Realm of the Gods, also known as heaven in your previous world."

"Previous world?"

"Don't be too surprised to hear this, young man, but you are revived from the dead and in another world."

The man's bright blue eyes shined as he heard this.

"So I'm going to undergo transmigration! I'm going to a fantasy world!? Was I summoned by a king to vanquish a demon king!? Will I get cheats!? What kind of world is this!?"

'God':...............

The young man he revived is called by the name of  Takahashi Haruto, or just Haruto...

From a young age, Haruto have always had high ambitions.

Not by making money and becoming the richest person...

And also not by becoming the most influential person in the world.

What he actually want to do is... save the world from the clutches of evil by defeating monsters with strength...

But where would he go to find monsters?

So he satisfied his urges by reading comics depicting main characters going to another world, becoming the hero, and get rid of all evil. He also truly believed that his wishes will come true one day.

And now it has.....

"Ah!" Haruto's head suddenly snapped up as he remembered something.

"What about the other guy!? The one I tried to save! Is he alright!?"

Haruto remembered that he tried to push the student out of the way, but failed. He felt regret and guilt with his past actions. From what he remember, that student had already gotten out of the way, but his push put him in the truck's path once more...

"That student is alright, he only has a few broken bones within his limbs, but he will recover fine with my blessing." The voice said.

"I see, I'm glad that he will be fine..." Haruto smiled.

If it weren't for how Haruto is a total nerd and otaku, he would be quite popular with the ladies with his golden hair and emerald eyes...

"So what is my mission in this world?"

Silence followed this question, then a few moments later, in a space a few meters in front of Haruto appeared a large expanse of shining light. From within that light, a figure emerged.