(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Chapter 29 ♥

As night fell, Angel's time to arrive at the hotel came as quickly as it passed. 

Sitting at the bar was Alastor. His back was to the counter, his eyes dazed and his mind lost in his thoughts. 

Husk was inside of the bar, silently cleaning the counter. 

It was just them in the dimmed lobby. 

"How long do you plan on waitin' for the kid?" Husk asked, breaking the silence. Alastor sat up straight as the cat spoke. Since he was deep in thought, it took him a few seconds to process what was said to him. "As long as it takes," Alastor replied calmly. 

Husk rolled his eyes. "I'm heading to bed. I'm fuckin' tired," Husk stated as he tossed the cloth he was using. Husk walked out of the bar, walking away from the deer with a gruff sigh. "Goodnight, Husk-"

Husk stopped in his tracks and turned to the deer. 

"What the hell is wrong with ya now?" Husk whined with pure annoyance, glaring at the deer, who had a hand over his mouth now. Alastor glared at the ground as he felt the urge to puke up the little food he ate that day. 

Alastor tried to gulp the lump that formed in his throat, but he only felt his mouth grew salty and dry. 

"Are you hungry?" Husk asked. Alastor stayed silent before he got up and stood up straight, taking his hands away. Alastor cleared his throat. "I... ate this morning. But I'm sure that's not the problem," Alastor said. Husk rolled his eyes. "What, ya think it's that little runt?" Husk grumbled, referring to Angel. "I should go see if he's alright," Alastor said. 

"Angel is gonna stay a few days at the studio."

Husk and Alastor looked at the source of the new voice. 

Vaggie. 
She was wearing her regular attire, despite being hours after she'd usually be in bed. 

"Did he tell you?" Alastor asked. "Yeah. He told me when he left," Vaggie said. Alastor looked at Vaggie, then away. He furrowed his eyebrows together. 

No, Angel would have told Alastor if he had to be gone for a few days. 

"He's gonna be there for a few days, so get your ass t' bed. I'm done babysitting your grown-ass," Husk demanded. "Al... right..." Alastor said quietly. 

Vaggie looked away and sighed, crossing her arms over her chest when she felt a chill run down her back. She walked off, towards the stairs quickly. Not another word was said until she was out of sight. 

The only reason Husk stayed was that Alastor didn't move. When the moth left, Alastor walked up to the cat before the two walked towards the stairs to go to their rooms. "Angel would have told me if he was going to leave for a few days," Alastor said. "Maybe he didn't find out until he left ya," Husk said, rolling his eyes. "Maybe," Alastor said. He could feel some of his nerves relax, but when he remembered a certain memory...

Alastor saw the spider standing up so he did as well. "Stay," he said. Angel looked at him and smiled softly. "I'll be fine, Al," Angel said. "No, Angel, just-" Alastor cut himself off when Angel kissed Alastor's right cheek. "I'll see you when I get back. Maybe I'll get off early," Angel said, which made him laugh. 

his nerves spiked, a radio crackle sounding as his normal radio buzz stopped. "No, that's can't be what happened. Something is off," Alastor said. Husk groaned in annoyance. "Maybe he texted Vaggie through his damn phone. I don't fuckin' know and I don't fuckin' care! Leave me the hell alone about 'em!" Husk hissed. 

Alastor didn't mind the rage. He was too engulfed with the situation with Angel... 

Maybe Husk was right... Angel is okay and Alastor was just hungry.