(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Chapter 16 ♥

"Again?" 

Charlie said with a frown on her face. 

Angel was wearing his normal attire. Black skirt, his striped jacket, and his kinky boots. On his shoulders was his work duffle bag. He was in the lobby, near the door. He was trying to leave, but Charlie stopped him. 

"Sorry, toots... I thought I'd be off for movie night," Angel said apologetically. Charlie frowned. "Can't you call in sick?" Charlie said. 

Angel chuckled, smiling. 

Oh to be so cute and naive as she was. 

Angel set his hand on her head. "I'll try to be back early in time for movies," Angel said, which made Charlie smiled. Angel chuckled and rubbed her head gently. 

"Hey, bub!! Hands off!!!" Vaggie yelled from across the lobby. 

"Bye Char-Char," Angel said before he walked past her, leaving the hotel. 

A lot of times, Angel seemed to not care about anyone, but he cared about Charlie, no matter how he portrayed it. She was innocent and bright. Just like-

"Anthony! Anthony!! You won't believe who asked me out!!!"

Angel frowned. He bit the inside of his cheek, gripping the strap to his duffle bag. 

"You're heading to work?"

Angel stopped. He looked up and turned around to see Alastor. 

"Yeah. Charlie already knows," Angel said. "I'm aware," Alastor said. He looked at Angel's body, not seeing the bruises he had just last night. 

"What- If all you're gonna do is stare, fuck off," Angel hissed, quickly growing defensive. Alastor's looked up from his body to Angel's face. "I was just noticing your bruising is gone," Alastor said. 

Angel totally forgot Alastor caught him at a bad time. 

"Oh... I'm... just used to creeps and havin' t' get em off my case," Angel said, his accent heavier as he looked away apologetically. Alastor chuckled lightly. "If these 'creeps' keep bothering you, I'll accompany you to your job," Alastor said. "I mean, if that's what you want, shit, I don't care," Angel smirked slightly. "Then let's go," Alastor said as he walked away, Angel trailing behind them. 

The two didn't talk as they walked. Alastor already knew his way around, so he knew where to go, so Angel just followed. 

Angel truly didn't know much about Alastor, but he was getting a lot of insight about his reputation as they walked. 

All demons kept far away. If they saw Alastor, they quickly left, even the ones that spent hours trying to kidnap Angel. 

Alastor, of course, enjoyed the feeling. The feeling of empowerment, the way he could see the gorgeous look of fear in people's eyes just by his presence. 

"They really fear you, huh?" Angel said as he watched more demons scrabble away. Alastor chuckled, "Yes," he said proudly. "And you're proud of that?" Angel said, somewhat sarcastically. "Very much, so," Alastor said, chuckling. Angel looked at Alastor, then in front of him. 

"Doesn't it get lonely?" Angel asked. Alastor stopped laughing. His smile grew a little closed. "Whatever do you mean?" Alastor asked. "... I mean- everyone fears you, so you don't really know anyone and no one knows you. Don't you get- I dunno... lonely?" Angel asked. "And who said I didn't enjoy being alone?" Alastor asked. "No one likes being alone," Angel said. 

Alastor truly didn't know how to respond. 

"We're here," Angel said when they made it to Porn Studios. "Thanks for walkin' me I guess," Angel said.