(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Chapter 1 ♥

With eyes sparkling, a young boy hopped off a train. He was about to run off, but a woman grabbed the back of his collar. 

The boy gagged and turned around to look at his mother, who softly laughed. 

The boy had pale but fair skin. He had fierce emerald eyes and short blonde hair. He had freckles spread all over his cheeks. He had on a button-down white shirt that was tucked into black shorts. To complete his outfit, he had on black shoes. 

The woman was beautiful. She had pale skin as well. Pale blonde hair that was made it to her waist and beautiful green ocean eyes. She was wearing a beautiful simple blue dress and simple brown shoes to match the outfit.

A young girl that was the same age as he got off as well. She as well had pale skin and beautiful dark brown eyes. Her hair was blonde too, but it was just to her shoulders.
She had on a poofy blue sundress that had a white ribbon around her waist and formed into a bow in the back. She was wearing white slipped and had a white bow on the right side of her hair, clipping it back. 

Next to step off were two guys. One of them a grown man, and another a guy. Older than to young boy and girl, but much younger than the man and woman.

The man had slicked-back black hair and brown eyes, almost black. He was wearing a button-down white shirt and black slacks. He had on blacks shoes. 

The boy had black hair as well, but his eyes were gray. He was wearing a white button-down shirt, but the sleeves were rolled up. He had on black slacks. He had on black shoes too. 

This was the Addolorato family, a nuclear family. 
The man of the house; Hugh, his wife; Mei, and their three kids. Ariande, the oldest, and the twins; Anthony and Mollissa. 

They had just flown in from Italia to celebrate Mei's birthday. They had arrived in the states and went straight to New Orleans, Louisiana; known for the world-renowned distinct music, Creole cuisine, unique dialect, and its annual celebrations and festivals. Home to the well-known Mardi Gras, which was what they were here for. 

The boy; Anthony let out an annoyed whine. He whipped around to his mother. 

"Mi stai incasinando i vestiti!" Anthony said rather loudly. The mother just chuckled. "Shh, sei rumoroso," she responded in a quieter tone. 
"You're messing up my clothes!" "Shh, you are noisy."

Mei looked around the station until she saw a woman about her age, but was a few years younger. She was looking around too. 

The woman had beautiful dark brown skin, dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes. Her hair was in dreads and stretched past her shoulders. Around her head was a white hair wrap that tied in the back and dropped down to her back. The woman was wearing a high neck, short sleeves yellow dress that stretched to her ankles. She was wearing simple brown shoes that looked a little worn out. 

Mei's eyes lit up. "Ade! Adelin!"

The twins had watched with curiosity as Mei walked up to the woman. Hugh and Ariande would have watched, but they were getting their bags. 

"Who's that?" Mollissa; or as the family calls her, Molly, whispered to her twin. Anthony just shrugged. "Probably that woman that was makin' momma send letters," Anthony whispered back, but the two were a little loud. 

Mei had walked back to her family, but now with the other woman following her. 

Mei had waited a few moments for Hugh and Ariande to come back from the train for her to speak.