(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Chapter 8 ♥

"What the hell are you doing in my room?" Angel asked, but it was more of a whisper. He set the controller down. "I'm just here to fix up! May I?" Niffty asked, smiling at Angel. "No- not you. That," Angel said bitterly. "I was just coming to ask if we could speak," Alastor said. Cherri was next to put her controller down. "Oh, oh! That's perfect! You can leave and talk and I'll clean up in here!" Niffty said. "No, I think he's fine here," Cherri said. "Nonsense! It reeks of drugs and alcohol and it really needs a lady's touch. Which is weird because you're a woman, no offense," Niffty said. Cherri grew a little irritated. Angel hugged Fat Nuggets a little as he hesitantly got up. 

Angel was only wearing a hot pink sports bra, black jogging pants, and gray socks. 

"Come on, I'm busy," Angel said. He walked passed Niffty and Alastor, and out of the room. Alastor looked at Cherri before he walked out of the room. 

Cherri quickly got up and followed. She left the room and looked at Alastor and Angel, who were just standing out of the room. 

"I do believe this conversation doesn't concern you," Alastor said. Cherri glared at Alastor, then looked at Angel. "I'mma... I'mma head home. You alright for the night?" Cherri stammered. "Yeah. Let me call you a ride," Angel said. He was about to pull out his phone, but Cherri just laughed. "I'm fine, it's not that far. I'll send a text when I'm there," Cherri said. She gently pets Fat Nuggets head before she left. 

It had gone silent before Angel spoke. 

"So... ... what... what do you want?" Angel asked. He felt a huge pit in his stomach and a lump grow in his throat. Angel felt his hands slowly starting to tremble as he hugged Nuggs to his abdomen. He had a right to be nervous. He kissed the damn demon- the Radio Demon. And worst, it was when he was down and vulnerable. And to add insult to injury, Angel had his way and went as far as a french kiss with the man. Alastor was most likely going to torture him, kill him, bring him back, torture him, torture him, torture him some more, then kill him again. 

Angel looked at Alastor, trying his best to look confident and unphased, but he was slightly breathing heavily, but silently. 

"It seems..." Alastor spoke, then stopped. He was having trouble forming his words. He looked around the hallway as if the words he was looking for were on the walls. "that I am... in debt to you," Alastor said. He shut his eyes and he turned away. 

Angel completely stopped shaking. All the horrid feelings he felt stopping. 

"Wait- what?" Angel said, looking at Alastor with disbelief. He saw Alastor's smile close a little and his shut eyes tighten together as his eyebrows slightly knitted together. "Yes," Alastor's voice grew darker. 

Angel opened his mouth to ask about the kiss, but he quickly shut his mouth. 

"I uh... um- it's fine," Angel said. Alastor looked at the Angel with a raised eyebrow. "As much I truly despise the situation, I'm a gentleman. You saved me and went as far as making sure I wasn't in a place of... unwanted demons," Alastor said. Angel nervously laughed. "It's f-fine... You don't owe me, I just did ya a solid. Y... Y'know, like- ... like friends... n' shit," Angel said softly. Alastor's head tilted slightly to the right, an eyebrow-raising again. "I don't believe I follow," he said. Angel bit the inside of his cheek. He could feel his heart starting to pound as he grew nervous. "I um- I really don't- need... anything," Angel said. "If that's the case, if you were to inform me of any matter that comes up, I'll take it upon myself to handle them," Alastor said. "That's really sweet of ya, Al, but-" Angel cut himself off when his phone rang. He took it out and saw it was Cherri messaging him she was home. He put it back and looked back at Alastor. "Um..." Angel started

He was about to say it was fine, that he didn't want anything, but he then realized. 

Alastor was an overlord. More feared than Vox and Valentino, as wise as Rosie, as charming as Lillith, wild like Velvet, and most of all; he had bank like Lucifer. 

Angel thought for a few moments as a bunch of ideas ran in his head. 

"Actually... there is... something," Angel started, "it's shit expensive. Get me two tickets and we're even. Can you get it?" "Yes, I suppose I can," Alastor said. "Sweet... ... I... should go feed Nuggs," Angel said before he quickly walked past Alastor. 

Angel supposed that encounter was luck... Alastor seemed to have no idea that Angel kissed him, only that Angel gave him an antidote to the venom trap Alastor went into. 

Angel sighed as he sped to the kitchen. 

The only problem now, was trying to figure out what Alastor would pay for. 

Alastor didn't say a word as Angel passed him and left. There was nothing to say. 

Angel helped Alastor out, even though the two were never on good terms. That is something unusual for a demon to do and Alastor felt obligated to pay Angel his regards for it. But, Alastor supposes Angel helped Alastor out because he had just fallen? He wasn't sure, but Angel seemed new to hell. He had never heard of the Radio Demon and wasn't aware that Charlie was the princess of Hell. 

Alastor hummed thoughtfully. 

He wouldn't worry about that. When Angel fell and how he is as a demon was not his problem nor his business. 

Alastor walked down the hall and went to the lobby. 

No one was in there besides Niffty who was silently dusting around the room. 

"Why are you being so considerate to him?" Niffty asked when she saw Alastor about to walk up the steps that weren't too far away. 

Alastor stopped, his foot in the air as he was about to walk up the first step, but he stopped when Niffty spoke. He looked over his shoulder, to Niffty. She wasn't looking towards him, she was focusing on her work. 

"Pardon?" Alastor said. He let his foot down. "Why are you being so kind to Angel Dust?" Niffty asked. "I'm not, Niffty dear. I was just giving him a- 'solid' as he did for me," Alastor retorted. "You've never done that for anyone else," Niffty stated. Alastor didn't respond. He just turned to face her. "Out of everyone that helped you and did things for you, why is he the only one you repay?" Niffty asked. She stopped dusting and looked at Alastor. 

Niffty shook your head. "I should get back to cleaning! Bye Alastor!!" Niffty said in a cheerful voice before she skipped off. 

Alastor let out a thoughtful hum as he turned back to the stairs. 

Niffty was right. Alastor never did anything for anyone unless it benefited him in the long run. And helping Angel out, did nothing for him. 

Alastor's eyes narrowed as he brought his right hand to his mouth, gently biting the tip of his claw. 

Why did he help out the spider? Maybe it was out of pity. But that was impossible. Alastor never pitied anyone or cared about anyone. Did it have to do with Angel's connections?

Yes... Yes, that had to be it. Alastor endangered everyone in that building, which was Angel. Not to mention, it was Angel's venom, and to make it worse, Angel works for Valentino, who's with Vox. Essentially, Angel could very well call Alastor out to his mortal enemy. 

"Yes. That... is the only explanation," Alastor told himself before he trotted up the steps, heading straight for his room door.