Burning hot

[Header image featuring Dorian :) ]

Celaena sped through the streets as fast as she could, the duffle bag hanging across her shoulder making the pain come back all over again. Her side was still aching, and she felt drained and tired due to the blood loss. The cold air hitting her face was a blessing, it was helping her keep her mind focused and alert.

Once she got to the hotel, she parked in the underground parking lot, jumped on the elevator, and headed straight to her floor. Luckily, it was still early and she didn't run into anybody on her way in, as she was sure she still looked sickish.

When she was finally in the safety of her room, she turned on the shower and stood in front of the big mirror while undressed, waiting for the water to heat up. The scar over her hip bone was sealing nicely, and the red rim around it was mostly gone, just a faint pink remaining which meant the infection was under control. She grabbed some ointment from the cabinet and left it out so she could dab it around the wound once she was out of the shower. Her face was another deal altogether; she had big dark circles under her eyes, and the side of her face had turned all shades of green, yellow, and a little bit of purple. She could probably conceal most of it, but the cut on her brow would be visible no matter what she did to cover it.

Shaking her head, she jumped under the hot water and scrubbed her body, trying to get rid of any remnant of Cain's disgusting scent that could be lingering on her skin. Once out, she dried and styled her hair as fast as she could, applied a ton of makeup, and then arranged her hair in curls so they would be covering the scar as best as possible. Hopefully, not many people would be paying enough attention to notice. She put on bright red lipstick to draw attention away from her eyes and added a nice big necklace over her uniform.

She looked at herself in the mirror one last time, and happy with the result, she headed out. If she rode fast, she'd make it just in time. She called the elevator button, and it showed up almost immediately. She looked at the going down arrow and smirked before the door was even fully opened.

"Good morning," she said as she stepped in.

"Good morning to you, Celaena." Dorian Jr. smiled broadly at her, while an older version of the lad smiled politely.

"Morning," Dorian Sr. nodded once, and crossed his hands in front of his body.

"Dad, this is Celaena, the new exchange student I told you about."

"It is a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine." She stood to one side, Dorian Jr. in the middle as they rode the elevator down in silence until they reached the third floor.

"Celaena," Dorian Jr. said then, turning to her and resting a casual hand on her shoulder. "Would you like a ride today? I'm coming back to the hotel after school, so I could give you a ride both ways." His tone was too polite, and she had to school her face not to lift her brows at him.

Dorian Sr. glanced at them so quickly, that she almost missed it, but his lips were pursed into a straight line as he looked back towards the doors.

"Sure thing, I'd love a ride." It wasn't necessarily true, but riding her bike had been painful, and she was curious about the way his father had reacted to the question. Dorian Sr. tensed again, making Celaena's curiosity peak. As the elevator reached the lobby, she wrapped an arm around Dorian's shoulders. "Let's go," she said, stepping out. "Nice meeting you!" She yelled over the shoulder, smiling at Dorian Sr.

Dorian Jr. held her by the waist as they stepped out of the front doors, and she took a deep breath not to flinch away from the touch. Dorian's car was already at the door, an usher holding the door open for him. They both jumped in, and as the car left the parking lot, Dorian raised a brow at her.