Hacking triplets

Note: Get ready for some more plot twists and... new characters!! :O 

Drop a comment with your guess of who's gonna show up here, so then I can see if you guessed it right <3

----

"Sam, did you find what I asked for?"

"Well, hello, how are you doing? I'm fine, thanks for asking," Sam's witty reply came from the other side of the line.

"Cortland, come on, I have no time for your games, did you find me someone or not?"

Celaena typed on her laptop furiously while she listened to Sam on the cell, still trying to enter Dorian's computer even if she knew all her attempts were futile.

"I did. I found a team. It's all pretty secretive, I'm sending you a link, and you'll just have to follow the instructions."

"Thanks."

Celaena hung up the phone and threw it onto the bed while she opened up her conversation with Sam on the computer's screen. Right after returning from the masquerade with Dorian last weekend, she had tried to access his father's computer to download the guest list, but to her surprise, she was out of the system.

She had gone into that computer so many times, that when she found herself out, she was confused at first. That confusion quickly turned into anger. Celaena attempted every trick she knew, and still, every time she tried to access the computer on the top floor, she was kicked out. It was as if someone was actively getting her out of it every single time. No matter how much Celaena knew about computers, she was no expert. She knew enough to get by, but there was nothing else she could do, and that infuriated her.

She hated to admit it, but she needed a real expert.

Not trusting Arobynn anymore after seeing him at the gala with whom she potentially thought could be her aunt, she was now on her own. She didn't know any hackers in town that weren't in some way tangled with Arobynn already, and that's when she thought of asking Sam for help.

Adarlan Elite High was a big school, one full of rich people with lots of things to hide, lots of things to protect. She knew if Sam asked around, he'd be able to find someone. After all, Sam's goal in the last two months had been getting to know everybody and making acquaintances. If he couldn't be of help finding her a hacker, then what was the point of it all?

Finally opening up the link that Sam sent her, Celaena scratched her brow. The link seemed to download a ghost program onto her computer and then led her to a page with encrypted bank details. Sam had explained that the address of the place she had to go to wouldn't be given to her until a deposit was made. Enough to cover a basic fee, and the rest of the payment would be done after the job was finished.

The prices were high, but Celaena couldn't be worrying about money now, not if it meant she could get a real lead. For years, she had had the hunch that her aunt might have been involved with her parent's accident somehow, but she had always tried to ignore those feelings, telling herself that Maeve had been the one to look after her every time her parents went over on business trips, the one to buy her presents for every birthday, and the one that had organized a beautiful ceremony after her parent's death; one that she had only heard about from third parties and a lot of research.

She didn't want to believe her own family would have betrayed her, but after looking into Dorian's computer for weeks and weeks, she was almost certain his company had had nothing to do with the accident. And getting to know Dorian Jr. now, she had to admit he wasn't half as bad as she had expected.