Sleeping arrangements

WARNING: Swoony smutty scene ahead :) I kept it PG13 though, sorry if that disappoints you xD

-----

Aelin couldn't remember the last time she'd allowed herself to relax so much. She'd even had a beer, something she hadn't done in forever.

It was about one in the morning, and Connall and Fenrys were slurring unintelligible curses while playing video games, both as drunk as she'd ever seen them. Rowan had gone to the kitchen to fetch some late-night snacks, and after watching the twins for a while, Celaena decided to follow.

"Hey," she approached him and jumped on the counter, sitting next to where he was standing.

"Oh, hey, are you hungry?"

"A little," she admitted.

Rowan had some bread out, and it looked like he was making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He kept his eyes down as he worked, and Celaena watched the way his muscles flexed as he moved, the curve of his lips as he focused, the cress between his brows. When had she started paying him so much attention? She'd never felt so comfortable around anyone else before, and since opening up to him a few weeks back, she hadn't been able to get him out of her head. He'd gotten her through her panic, listened to her, and hadn't judged her for a second. And for the first time in forever, Celaena felt like there was someone she trusted enough, someone that wouldn't take advantage of her. Someone she could give herself to.

She shook her head, trying to get the thoughts out of her mind. There was too much going on, and she shouldn't be thinking about Rowan that way. She didn't even think he was interested, she'd tried to flirt with him while they were playing games, and he hadn't taken a single chance to make a move on her. He probably thought she was an immature girl.

Rowan took a seat on the other side of the counter and they made small talk as they ate, debating about strategy for the fight she had the next day.

"You know the chances of you going against Cain in the final next week are fifty-fifty, right?" Rowan asked at one point.

"I know, and I'll be ready," she replied. But the truth was, she wasn't sure she was. Cain had abused her in the worst way possible, he had gotten into her head. She still shivered every time she thought about him, and she wasn't looking forward to that fight. She was looking forward to revenge though. "Anyway, we should return to the lounge," she jumped down, not wanting to think about Cain, and turned over to look at the TV room.

There was a half wall separating them from the couch, and when she peeked over, she thought the room was empty for a moment. On closer inspection, she found Connall passed out on the couch.

"Is this usual?" she asked Rowan, lifting a brow.

"Damn, it's been a while since he passed out drunk like this."

He went over to the couch and moved Connall gently, calling his name. The twin rolled over, his mouth hanging open as he started to snore. He was still clutching the controller in his hand, and Rowan took it off him and placed it on the table.

"Oh, well, that's perfect, there goes my bed!" Celaena complained. "And where's Fenrys?" She looked around the empty room, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Let me guess..." Rowan trailed off and headed towards the hallway.

Without thinking, Celaena followed him, and as they neared Fenrys' room, they saw him sprawled on the bed face down, one foot hanging off one side as his hand hung off the other.