five.

THEY HAD BEEN RUNNING FOR WHAT FELT LIKE FORVER BY NOW. It had gotten quiet once they reached the halfway point on the bottom level. The two weaved their way through the pipes and kept their footsteps as quiet as possible on the metal flooring. Isabella's shoulder had gotten worse since the actual explosion. She could no longer feel her shoulder for the most part, but she knew she was still bleeding. Natasha walked in front of Isabella, both agents held their guns in front of them as they made their way cautiously through the maze that was the lower level. 

A loud roar erupted from a few feet away from them, followed quickly by a raging hulk. Natasha gasped, aiming her gun at the pipeline above his head. The bullet made contact with the pipeline, which caused a loud hissing sound and then gas to pour from it, giving the two enough time to get away. They ran as fast as they could in the other direction, but the Hulk wasn't easy to shake. He followed after them, staying on their heels as he chased after them. Isabella glanced behind her as he rammed through the glass walls and metal pipes along the sides of the jet. Sparks of electricity trailed behind them. 

Once they reached the end of the glass walkway, Hulk had caught up with them. Isabella turned toward him, shooting him multiple times in the chest with her pistol- which just pissed him off. Hulk roared at Isabella angrily, and thrusted his huge arm against her small body, throwing her into the nearest metal wall. Her vision was suddenly blurry, which she new was never a good sign. Isabella could make out the blurry picture of Natasha being thrown against a wall as well. Suddenly the room went quiet. 

She could no longer hear the roar of the Hulk, but she heard footsteps of who she thought to be Natasha. "Isabella? Can you hear me?" Natasha asked, her hand was resting on Isabella's thigh. The blonde squinted her eyes, attempting to move her head to get a better view of her surroundings. "I'm good, we shou-" Isabella stuttered out as she tried to get on her feet, only to fall back onto the hard metal once again. She groaned and reached her hand back to her head, only to pull it back covered in the blurred color of blood red. The last thing she heard was Romanoff's worried voice before everything went black.

When she woke up her head was still pounding, and she could still slightly feel the pain in her shoulder- but It was manageable. The blonde agent opened her eyes, squinting as they adjusted to the bright light of her bed in the medical bay. The room she was in was quiet, and she had an IV attached to her right arm. She sat up a little too quickly, roughly pulling the IV needle out of her arm. She hadn't even noticed that she had a visitor in her room. In a chair across from her bed, sat a sleeping Natasha. Isabella scoffed quietly, but couldn't help but smile at the sight.

She looked so peaceful sleeping, but she wondered why she was sleeping in her hospital room of all places. Why did she even care if she was okay? Isabella knew that she had grown quite fond of the red headed agent, but she knew her demons would never allow her to care about someone again. The sleeping red head woke in a jolt, quickly calming once she made eye contact with an already sitting up Isabella. "What're you doing here?" 

Natasha got up from the chair, and moving over to sit next to Isabella on the side of the bed. "I wanted to make sure you were okay, you got put down pretty hard back there." Natasha said quietly. "Wait- how long have I been in here?" Isabella asked quickly. "Not long, Fury's gotta get the jet's flight systems back online before the team can go anywhere. We know where Loki's gonna be, and we're headed there in about an hour."

"Good. I gotta go change then." Isabella stated as she pulled herself up from the bed, her headache was mild, and the pain in her shoulder was manageable if she didn't think about it and took some painkillers. Natasha gripped her shoulder before she could walk away. "Hey, you need to stay here. You aren't fully healed and-" Isabella cut her off. "And what? Unstable? I assure you Romanoff, I'm fine. There Is no way In hell I'm missing my chance to get back at that son of a bitch Loki, It's the whole reason I even came here." 

Isabella warned Natasha, who looked at her with a oddly worried look in her green eyes, before taking her hand off of her shoulder. "Why do you care so much, anyways?" Isabella curiously asked. Natasha paused for a second, smiling at the ground. "I'm not really sure, yet." Natasha answered. The two caught each other's gazes for a second, and held them. Isabella wasn't sure why she was having these feelings in her gut whenever she looked at Natasha, or even thought of her. Well, deep down she knew- she just wasn't ready for them yet. 

"I'll see you out there?" Isabella asked, turning her head slightly with her back facing Romanoff. "Damn right." Natasha replied. Isabella smiled before making her way down the hallway to grab her weapons and change into a fresh suit. She needed to be at her best, or as close to it as she could get at this point- in order to kill Loki. Once she got to her room, she pulled her worn out and blood soaked suit off of her body and threw it onto the floor. Looking in the mirror, her shoulder was covered in a large bandage, with blood stains located on the middle of it. She had a few small cuts and bruises on her head, and she couldn't get rid of that damn headache. Still, she persisted. Bella pulled on a clean suit, zipping it up from the front and attaching her gear belt onto it.