twenty-two.

THE SUN WAS JUST STARTING TO PEAK INTO THE LARGE WINDOW ABOVE THE BED AS ISABELLA WOKE UP. Her eyes squinted open to the sky slowly filling with an array of warm yellows, pinks, and reds. She smiled slightly at the beautiful sight, and then her eyes quickly moved to the red head that laid facing her, her blonde hair tousled as she groggily opened her green eyes. Isabella breathed out and bit her bottom lip, tucking a strand of hair from Natasha's face. She was so peaceful, so vulnerable here. So beautiful. The sun almost bounced off her face, illuminating every square inch of her halfway covered body.

An adorable yawn escaped Natasha's mouth and she propped her head on her hand, looking directly into Isabella's eyes. "Good morning beautiful." Isabella said quietly, planting a sweet kiss on Natasha's lips. Isabella then sunk into Natasha's arms, resting her head onto her bare chest. "Nat?" Isabella practically whispered, staring out at the sunrise while Natasha stared at the beautiful woman in her arms. "Hmm?" She asked, stroking the woman's hair slowly. "What happens now?" She asked. Natasha didn't know what to say to that, it had been obvious. Truth was, Natasha didn't know the answer to that question. The Avengers had all been separated for a long time now, including Steve. 

Natasha and Isabella hadn't seen any of their fellow team mates in years now, and it had been taking it's toll on them both. Natasha more so than Isabella. After all, she had no idea where Clint was. Though she would never admit it, Isabella knew Natasha better than anyone. That meant she knew things that Natasha didn't even know about herself, and that included how she felt about certain things. The separation of the team had been most difficult for her. After all, the avengers had been Natasha's family when she had no one else. They had pulled her from the darkness, been what Natasha had been for Isabella. Isabella couldn't have even imagined how hard it was for her, and seeing her in pain- it made Isabella hurt.

She just wanted to make everything better. "I don't know." Natasha said, and the room was silent again. The peaceful silence wasn't broken until Natasha's work phone started going off. Isabella looked up at her, and Natasha reached for the device off the nightstand. She met Isabella's eyes as soon as she read the contact name, a concerned look on her face. Isabella furrowed her brows. "It's Steve." She mumbled, answering the phone. "Steve?" She put him on speaker. "Romanoff? I'm assuming Isabella is with you." Steve said over the phone, earning a slight smile from them both. "Hey Steve." Isabella said. "I wish I was calling on better circumstances. Banner called me. He says someone's planning an Attack on Vision. We need his location, and fast. I'm on my way to SHIELD now, we'll leave as soon as we know where he is." 

He said, hanging up before they could get a word in. Natasha looked at Isabella with a confused expression, and silently got up from the bed. Isabella knew it wasn't the time, but she couldn't help but stare. Natasha's body was perfect, flawless. She must have sensed Isabella staring, and cheekily turned her head. Natasha narrowed her eyes and smirked at the blonde, who was practically drooling. "You'll have plenty of time to stare later. We've got a vision to find." She said, quickly throwing on her uniform and arming herself. "I'll meet you downstairs." She said sweetly, smiling and shutting the door behind her.  Isabella sighed and shut her eyes for a second, leaning back dramatically onto the pillow under her head. She groaned quietly before pulling herself up from the bed. 

After finding Vision's location, Isabella, Natasha, Steve, and Sam all headed for Scotland. They had arrived just in time to stop two of Thano's sidekicks from attacking Vision. Steve had arrived first, running across the train tracks toward the first attacker. Sam flew in as backup after Proxima threw her staff at Steve in hopes of killing him, but Steve caught it mid air. Natasha and Isabella ran in from both sides in order to take on the other attacker that no one knew the name of. Natasha came in from behind him, while Isabella came in from the front with her newly crafted batons at the ready. Her new ones had retractable titanium reinforced blades almost like swords, which were helpful in certain situations like these.

She threw one in the direction of his upper thigh, targeting the most important bone she could. The blade made contact with the alien's hard purple flesh and it groaned in pain- pulling the baton from it's leg. Isabella continued running, but Natasha got there first- using the stolen staff from Proxima to stab it through the chest. It doubled over in pain and Isabella kicked it into a corner along with Proxima. Now everyone stood around them with their weapons aimed. "Get up." Proxima breathed over her friend. "I can't." It said.

"We don't wanna kill you, but we will." Natasha said. "You'll never get the chance again." Proxima said, making direct eye contact with Natasha. Nat narrowed her eyes, but her facial expression stayed emotionless. Without another word, the two aliens were sucked up into their ship by a blue light. "We really have to get one of those." Isabella breathed, watching the huge space ship jet off. Natasha shrugged smiled. Everyone rushed to Vision and Wanda. "Can you stand?" Sam asked Vision, who nodded as Sam helped him to his feet. "Thank you, captain." Vision said sincerely. Steve nodded. "Let's get you on the jet." 

"Now, I thought we had a deal." Natasha said as the door came to a close. She turned toward Wanda and Vision. Isabella sat on the edge of her seat, curious as to what their excuse would be this time. "Stay close, check in, don't take any chances." Natasha said. Isabella could have called Natasha out on that one. After all, 'don't take any chances' was practically all they had done since they decided to really be together. Though, they hadn't exactly outed their relationship publicly. Though the whole team knew about it. "We just wanted time." Wanda apologized from Vision's side. Natasha took a seat at the front next to Isabella, who placed her hand on the widow's thigh to calm her down. 

Natasha smiled at her. "Where to, Cap?" Sam asked from the pilot seat. "Home."