twenty-five

THE AVENGERS STOOD SIDE BY SIDE WITH THE WAKANDANS AT THE END OF THE BARRIER. Thanos and his children stood on the other side while his minions attempted to work their way through the barrier. Natasha, Steve, Isabella, and T'challa all walked up to the barrier to speak to the big child and Proxima Midnight. "Where's your other friend?" Natasha said, knowing good and well that she was the one who killed him. Proxima growled at her. "You will pay for his life with yours." She said. Isabella stepped a few closer to her. "Like hell she will." She said, glaring at the alien. "Thanos will have that stone." She said. "That's not gonna happen." Steve said. "You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood." T'challa said. "We have blood to spare." She said, thrusting her sword into the air as if it was some kind of signal. Right on cue, the various war ships and pods opened up- and what looked like hundreds of aliens poured out of each one all headed for the barrier. 

The 4 of them all quickly made their way back to the rest of the group, ready to fight. "They surrender?" Bucky asked. "Not even close." Isabella answered, standing next to Natasha and trying to calm her own breathing down. The Wakandans chanted repeatedly a few times over, and Isabella looked at Natasha- who gave her a confident smile. "We got this, right?" Isabella asked. "What do you think?" Natasha's answer was vague, but the cocky smile on her face explained it all. "What the hell." Bucky muttered as hundreds and hundreds of aliens poured in through the tree line toward them. "Looks like we pissed her off." Natasha said. They piled up at the barrier, scratching and screeching in an attempt to get inside. The ones that managed to pull themselves in died on impact as their bodies were cut in half. "They're killing themselves." Isabella said, horrified. 

A few did manage to get through every now and then, but they were taken out pretty quickly by the front line defenses of Wakandans with ray guns and Bucky with his rifle. Isabella watched as the aliens circled around, surrounded them. "Cap, if these things circle around and get in behind us there'll be nothing between them and Vision." Bruce said. "Then we better keep them in front of us." Cap said. "How do we do that?" Okoye said. "We open the barrier." Isabella looked at T'challa with a worried expression on her face. "On my signal, open North-West Section Seventeen." He said in his earpiece. "Requesting confirmation, My King. You said open the barrier?" He nodded. "On my signal." He said. "Wakanda Forever!" He yelled, and his whole army started toward the barrier- Natasha, Steve, Isabella and Bucky in the front. 

Steve and T'challa ran ahead and made first contact with the aliens, but lots managed past them. Natasha and Isabella had gotten separated during all the chaos, and Isabella was focused on not getting herself killed. Her gauntlets powered up and she figured them out pretty quickly. As a shit ton of aliens came right for her, she pointed both arms in the direction of the group of creatures- firing a huge purple blast right at them. It hit the ground with a loud bang, followed by an explosion that gave redwing a run for his money. It cascaded down the line, taking out at least 20 at a time. Bucky looked shocked as he ran by her. "Holy shit!" She exclaimed, smiling. She took on the other ones that came her way with the huge blades the protruded out of the front of the gauntlets like claws- slicing through multiple before they could get too close. 

Isabella cursed as more of them ran toward her until she was overpowered. They tackled her, and she used her gauntlets to cross them in front of her face as their sharp jaws snapped in her face. "Ahh!" She groaned, closing her eyes and trying her best to power up the gauntlets. They whirred for a few seconds, and then they lit up. The lights were followed by a blast- sending them all and then some, flying off of her. She stood up as fast as she could, grinning from ear to ear. "God these are so cool." She exclaimed. Then, out of nowhere a blast of light shot down from the sky. "Thor." Isabella said, knowing who it was already. He landed on his feat, with a racoon and a mini tree at his side. "Oh, you guys are so screwed now!" Banner yelled out. "Bring me Thanos!" He yelled, running into the aliens and taking half out with his new weapon.

Isabella caught a glimpse of Natasha fending off aliens, and she watched as Natasha looked up after taking out her last one- looking alarmed. The ground rattled and everyone started running. "Oh shit!" Isabella shouted as huge wheels with razors on the ends came from under the ground. They were coming in fast, not giving a lot of people time to prepare. "Fall back! Fall back!" Black Panther yelled- everyone running for their lives. Isabella took off in a sprint, trying to catch up to Natasha. Her foot caught on something in the path and she tripped, struggling to get herself up as the wheels came right for her. "No, no, no!" She yelled, and just in time- Nat tried to pull her from the ground but it was too late. Both blonde's knew there was no time, so Natasha threw her own body over Isabella's in an attempt to shield her. They both squeezed their eyes shut, expecting the worst. 

That's when Wanda joined. She landed in front of them, using her powers to levitate the contraptions above their heads- giving them time to get out of the way. They ran like hell and Wanda used the wheels to throw them all on either side of her, taking out any creatures that were behind her. "Why was she up there all this time?" Okoye asked, and Isabella laughed.