eighteen.

ISABELLA SUCKED IN HER BREATH AS SHE WALKED INTO SHIELD HQ. It had been a long 6 months since she'd seen any of her team, and to be honest, she really had no idea what she was walking into. "You go inside, i'll be out here." Natasha said as they neared the meeting room. Isabella stopped just before the glass windows to the room. "Why are you not going in?" Isabella asked. Natasha licked her lips. "Tony. I can't deal with him right now." Natasha said vaguely. Isabella sighed lightly, nodding in the red head's direction before brushing past her. When she entered the room, all eyes were on her. Steve, Sharon Carter, Tony, and Sam all sat around the table- and a screen lit up with the winter solider in containment on it. "I didn't write it." Sharon barked just as Isabella entered, closing the glass door behind her. 

Everyone looked surprised to see her. "Bella." Steve said, his tone mixed between joy and confusion. He got up from his seat and crossed the room, hugging her tightly. She returned the embrace, pulling away from it with a half real smile on her face. Steve had the same smile. "I didn't know you were coming back." He said. Isabella glanced around the room. "I didn't either. But, it seemed like a good time to come back." She said, and Tony joined the conversation. Truthfully, her and Tony were never really that close. She always just saw him as an egotistical billionaire who had more money than he had personality traits. He gave her a fake smile, and hugged her briefly. "Good to have you back." He said, a little too much formality in his voice. Isabella didn't respond. 

After Sam and Sharon greeted her, Isabella sat down in a chair in front of the tv screen. Steve explained to her the situation. "I'm not here to judge you. I'm just here to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James?" Zemo's voice came over the TV from the live interview. Isabella rested her chin on one hand, Her head naturally tilting toward Natasha- who still sat outside the room. Isabella knew she was listening. "I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James." Zemo tried again. "My name is Bucky." He responded, his voice raspy and dark. A little while after that, Bucky didn't say much else. Sharon turned the audio off. Steve pulled a picture taken of Bucky out of a file that sat on the table.

"I don't see why the Task Force would even release this photo to begin with." He said, throwing the photo down onto the table again. "I don't know, get the word out? Involve as many eyes as we can?" Sharon responded. Isabella kept quiet. "Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the winter solider." Steve said. Isabella sat forward in her chair. "Steve we looked for the guy for seven years and found nothing." Sam said. "We didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads." Steve said. "Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would." Sharon said, raising suspicion amongst the group. Each of them looked up at the screen, eyes narrowed.

Moments after they had gotten suspicious, the power went out all over the city- including SHIELD HQ. Isabella sighed, looked around and got up from her seat. Isabella looked toward Sharon. "Sub-Level 5. East wing." She said, and she, Steve, and Sam all sprinted to that location. Hoping that Bucky hadn't escaped. By the time they made it down there, all of the security guards had been taken out. "Damn it." Isabella muttered. As they walked through the body covered corridor, they reached down and checked the pulses of the guards. "Help me. Help." The faint cries for help were coming from Bucky's containment room. 

Isabella followed Steve in the room, who quickly pushed the intruder against the wall and grabbed him by the collar. "Who are you? What do you want?" Steve asked him harshly. Isabella drew her gun, but kept it face down for the moment. "To see an empire fall." The man spoke, just before Bucky came out swinging. Sam was the first to fight him, and Isabella jumped into action. "Fuck." Isabella cursed under her breath as Bucky threw Sam into a metal containment module, knocking him out. He turned his attention to Isabella. She drew her gun, firing it multiple times- but it did no good. The attempt only made him angrier. She tried to fight him off the best he could, using all of her hand to hand skills against him, but she was no match for the winter soldier. He grabbed her by the ponytail, forcing her neck down into an extremely uncomfortable position. Then, he held her in a headlock in which there was no way out of. 

He then proceeded to throw her into the nearest wall, before kicking her in the face. Everything went black. A little white later, Isabella woke up groggily to Sam's voice. "Hey! Isabella! You good?" He asked, waving his hand in front of her face in an attempt to grab her attention. She groaned, touching her head and pulling her fingers back covered in blood. She had a serious head injury, and her back had hit the wall pretty hard. She wouldn't be able to finish this fight. "Get Nat." Isabella coughed out, trying to pull herself up and she spoke. "I'm gonna come right back for you. Stay here." He said, before jumping to his feet and running off to finish the fight.

Isabella grunted as she manage to pull herself from the ground, and leaned her back against the wall. She could feel the blood on her forehead, and the dried blood on her nose. She went in and out of concsness throughout the time period. The red flashing hurt her eyes. Eventually, it stopped. The lights went back to normal, and she heard a faint- but familiar voice. two voices. three? She couldn't tell. But one stood out from the others, it always did. Natasha came hurdling into the room, Steve and Sam hot on her heels. Nat rushed to Isabella's side, gripping the sides of the blonde's face in an attempt to wake her up. Isabella stayed 'knocked out.' But not because she couldn't wake up. Isabella could hear the worry in Natasha's voice grow the longer she begged Isabella to open her eyes. "Bella! Please, wake up."

"She's not waking up, guys." Natasha said, almost in tears. As much as Isabella liked messing with the red head, she had never heard her so upset. It killed her. The blonde opened her eyes, a teasing smile on her face. "Gotcha." She said, sitting up slowly. Natasha shook her head. "You're lucky you're already injured." The black widow was livid, but glad Isabella was okay. "Come on, let's get you to medical." Natasha said, helping Isabella to her feet with the help of Steve. "You're insane, you know that?" Natasha grumbled as she hobbled along the pathway, using the Black Widow and Captain America as her crutches. "Sane is boring." Isabella said, groaning at the pain from her head that laughing had caused.