one.

ISABELLA JOLTED AWAKE IN A FRENZY AS THE IMAGE OF HER SISTER'S LIFELESS BODY FILLED HER SLEEP ONCE AGAIN. That image was on a continuous loop throughout her head In the night. Countless sleepless nights, where Bella would see the same scene play over and over In her head. It never changed, always the same thing. Her sister being stabbed In the heart with a spear, and falling to the hard ground, and bleeding out onto the concrete below her. Isabella screamed, she cried for her sister to come back to her. 

In hopes that she might actually come back. That she might get to see her smile once again, or even hear her voice. Just one more time. Just once. But that hope never came true. Isabella then realized, once she screamed herself awake- that her screams weren't heard by her sister. They weren't heard by anyone but herself. The remote beach she lived on was just that- remote. 

There was no one else there, just her and her demons. However, she liked It that way. That way, there's no one to bring her sympathy lasagna or pies. No one to continuously plague her head with phrases like "I'm sorry for your loss." or "How are you?" SHEILD had held a funeral for their fallen agent, but Bella couldn't bring herself to go. Not when she could have done something to prevent it. She tried to find Loki after It happened, but he was gone. Nowhere to be found. 

The blonde girl pulled herself from the comfort of the bed she laid in every night, wiping her tears as her feet made contact with the cold wooden flooring In her beach house. She made up her bed, carefully placing the pillows back where they were supposed to be and smoothing out her grey comforter. She glanced out the window across the room, to see that It was raining. Fitting. 

It rarely rained where she lived, in fact it was almost a myth here. The water that fell from the skies never showed Itself here, yet It did today for some reason. "Well there go my plans for the beach today. Guess I'll just stay In." Bella sighed to herself before padding her way over to her kitchen to make herself a cup of hot peppermint tea.  

As Bella stood In her small kitchen, waiting for the tea kettle to heat up enough she heard a knocking sound at her door. Her head snapped up to the door, alarmed by the sound. There shouldn't be anyone at the door, no one knew where she was.. or so she thought. Bella grabbed the gun from her nightstand drawer and aimed It at the door, not opening It just yet.

"Who are you and what do you want?" Isabella demanded, keeping her gun aimed at the door while she waited for an answer. Finally, a female voice came from the other side of the door. "Agent Natasha Romanoff, I'm here on behalf of Director Nick Fury from-" The agent didn't get to finish her sentence before she was cut off by Isabella slamming the door open. 

"I know who Fury is. I've already told him more than once that I'm not coming back. Just leave me alone damnit." Isabella said before walking back over to her tea kettle, Natasha looked at her with a puzzled look before stepping inside and shutting the door behind her. "I'm afraid It's not optional, Agent Dimitri. The world Is In grave danger." 

Isabella scoffed. "Lemme guess, Fury thinks that sending a pretty red head SHEILD agent to try and convince me to come back, and then using some bullshit story about how the world Is In danger and he needs me to come back and help fight one last battle will convince me to come back to SHEILD." Isabella mocked, clearly annoyed by the situation.

The agent said nothing, but simply smirked at the blonde. Bella sighed. "The answer is no. That's final." "What If I told you that you could get revenge for what happened to your sister." Isabella perked up at the mention of what happened to her sister. She quickly rushed over to Natasha and grabbed her by her throat, pushing her into the wall closest to them. "How do you know about my sister?" She asked, her teeth clenched. It was supposed to be a secret, no one else was supposed to know the details.

The red head did not look scared though, she looked.. aroused. Amused even. "You have two options here, I can either kick your ass and drag you to SHEILD my self or you can take your hand off my throat and I can convince you without having to scuff up your pretty face." She barked, before Isabella let go of her throat and smirked a bit. "Fine. Continue."

"I've read your file, and I know exactly what happened to your sister. The man that killed her, Loki. He's coming to earth, and he plans on destroying it. He's stolen a very powerful weapon called the tesseract. It Is very dangerous if put In the wrong hands." Natasha explained. Bella sighed, before finally agreeing to go with the woman back to SHEILD headquarters. She knew she needed to get closure for herself, and most of all- revenge. For Lilly, and If going back to SHEILD for a while meant she got to do that, you're damn right she would.  

"I'm coming for you, Loki."

AUTHORS NOTE!!

Hi Guys! So, I know this chapter Is short- but I just wanted to get the first chapter and the initial introduction out of the way before we get Into the longer chapters and good ones. The other chapters will be much longer than this one, so I hope you keep reading. Updates might be a bit slow since I have so many other stories and school and work- but I'll update as much as I can! 

XOXO-

                              Sadie