eleven.

"ULTRON TOOK YOU GUYS OUT OF PLAY TO BUY HIMSELF SOME TIME." Nick said from the kitchen as he ruffled through some dishes in the kitchen. "My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." He said, pulling a cup from the cupboard and filling it up with water. The whole team was in the dining room at the moment, with the exception of Thor, who was god knows where. "What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked from the corner of the room, leaning on the wall. Isabella stayed quiet in her seat at the bar in the kitchen, listening to their conversation. "Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a catholic rabbit." Fury said. Isabella laughed lightly at his comparison. 

"Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans, though." Fury concluded. "Is he still going after launch codes?" Stark asked from the dining room as he threw darts at a target on the wall. "Yes, he is. But he's not making any headway." Fury responded, now cutting bread on a cutting board. "I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Remarked Tony, holding a handful of darts in his hands as he spoke to Fury. "Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that." Fury said, earning Steve's attention. "Nexus?" He asked, but Banner was the one who answered the question.

"It's the world Internet hub in Oslo. Every bite of data flows through there. Fastest access on earth." Isabella and Rodgers both nodded. "So, what did they say?" Isabella chimed in, aiming her question at Fury. "He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed." Fury answered. "By whom?" Stark jumped in again, standing a little too close to the dart board. Isabella picked a dart up off the floor and threw it in the direction of the board, hitting it right in the center. The dart landed a little too close to Stark's face, which earned a surprised look from the man.

"Parties unknown." Fury answered, shrugging his shoulders. "Do we have an ally?" Natasha asked from the table, her voice soft and quiet. "Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who It is." Fury said. "I might need to visit Oslo." Stark said, jumping into the conversation again. "Find our unknown-" Natasha cut Stark off. "Well, this Is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." She said, aiming her displeased remark at Fury. Isabella glanced between the two in curiosity. There weren't many people who could get away with speaking to the director of SHEILD like that, and Nat was lucky that she was one of them. 

Fury looked unphased, however. "I do. I have you." Fury said, now addressing the whole group. "Back In the day I had eyes everywhere, ears, everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you could dream up. Here we all are, back on earth, nothing but our wit and our will, to save the world." Fury said as he approached the crowded dining room table which was covered in dishes both eaten off of and unused. "Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And whether or not he admits it, his mission Is global destruction." Isabella sighed at the words coming from the director's mouth. 

"All this, laid in a grave." Fury paused, looking around him at each Avenger. "So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard." He said as he sat down at the head of the table. "Steve doesn't like that kind of talk." Natasha teased, causing Isabella to smirk and laugh softly under her breath. "You know what, Romanoff?" Steve said, annoyed. She smirked at him kindly.  "So, what does he want?" Isabella asked Fury, joining the others at the table and taking a seat across from Nat. "To become better." Steve answered. "Better than us, he keeps building bodies." He continued. "Person bodies." Stark chimed. "The human form is inefficient. Biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it."

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." Natasha said sarcastically. "They don't need to be protected." Banner said quietly. "They need to evolve." Banner said, deep in thought. His words caught the attention of the whole room, all of them looking at him and waiting for him to say what they were all thinking. "Ultron's going to evolve."  Fury furrowed his brows. "How?" He asked. "Has anyone been In contact with Helen Cho?" 

"You're not a match for him, Cap." Barton warned Steve over coms from the pilot seat of the jet. "Thanks, Barton" Steve remarked. Isabella and Natasha sat on the same motorcycle at the bottom of the quinnjet, ready to be ejected on Barton's countdown. "Four, Three," Clint dramatically paused. "Give em' hell." He finished, just as the bottom door of the jet opened, Natasha revved the engine and just like that, the wheels turned and the two agents sped of into moving traffic. As Nat weaved the bike through the moving cars along the interstate, Isabella spotted Cap's shield laying in the middle of the road. "This is why we can't have nice things." Isabella said cockily.

As soon as they were close enough, Isabella reached down as far as she could and quickly scooped up the Shield. "They're heading under the overpass. I've got no shot." Barton called to the two over coms. "Which way?" Natasha returned. "Hard right." He paused. "Now." He said a few seconds later, the red head swerved the bike in front of a car right as Barton gave the order. Isabella hadn't realized that she had tightened her grip so much on Natasha's waist until the red head called it out. "As much as I'm enjoying this, Bella, I really need to be able to breathe in order to drive this motorcycle." She teased.

Isabella's cheeks grew hot and she automatically loosened her grip on the assassin's waist. As they approached oncoming traffic, Isabella noticed that Natasha was driving straight toward the side of an 18 wheeler. "Do you trust me?" Natasha yelled at her as they approached it. "Is that a trick question?" Isabella yelled back at her. "Get ready to throw Steve his Shield!" Nat yelled. Seconds later, she swerved the bike sideways so that It skid underneath the 18 wheeler. The bike came out on the other side of it, giving Isabella a good view of Steve and Ultron fighting on top of it. "Steve! Catch!" The blonde yelled as she threw the Shield up at the super soldier, who caught it easily. 

Nat drove the bike straight through a group of civillians gathered on a bridge, who moved quickly out of the bike's path. "Clint! Can you draw out the guards?" Natasha called. "Let's find out." He replied. "Isabella! I'm gonna need you to take control of the bike when I jump into the back of that truck, Okay? Clint will pick you up on the jet!" She said, earning a concerned look from the blonde. "And leave you with no way back? Not a chance in hell, Red!" She yelled back. "They're heading back towards you guys!" Clint warned.

"Trust me on this!" Nat said one more time, and Isabella tightened her grip on the woman's waist one more time as her response. "Whatever you're gonna do, do it now." Clint said again. "I'm going in, Dimitri is taking the bike, Cap? Can you keep him occupied?" Nat said. "What do you think I've been doing?" The super soldier responded, out of breath. Natasha stood up on the bike, jumping off, landing into the back of ultron's now unguarded truck. Isabella quickly swerved in between two 18 wheelers, trying to keep Nat in her sights. "Nat! You got two on the bottom of the truck!" Isabella warned her, but got no response. 

Isabella watched from behind the truck as the robots on the bottom of it tore the cargo portion of it clean off as the truck approached a blockade of police officers. "Shit. Nat!" Isabella yelled over coms, hoping to get a response. She watched as the cargo part flew up into the sky, with Nat still in it. The blonde skidded the bike to a stop, having nowhere to go. She jumped on top of a wrecked car on the other side of the highway, watching the scene unfold in the sky. "Nat, we gotta go!" Clint yelled as the cargo approached the quinjet. Isabella watched as the red head made a bold move. 

The box was headed straight for the quinjet's entrance, and as soon as it made it in, Nat was pulled from it by Ultron. "No!" Isabella yelled in terror as she watched it happen. "Cap, Bella, you see Nat?" He asked, scared. "If you have the package, get It to Stark!" Steve yelled. "Barton!  get low!" Isabella yelled, jumping on her bike and speeding off on the side of the Interstate. Barton flew the jet close enough to the interstate for her to jump into the air. As it grew closer, she jumped into the jet through the side that was facing her, and the door closed as quickly as it opened.