fourteen.

THE FIGHTING MADE IT'S WAY ONTO THE ELEVATING PEICE OF THE CITY , LEAVING THE AVENGERS AND THOUSANDS OF CIVILIANS STRANDED ON A BIG PEICE OF SOKOVIA IN THE SKY. The Avengers were fighting valiantly, using all of their resources at their disposal. Isabella was covered in dirt and debris, blood dripping down her face from the minor cuts and scrapes she'd received from her assailants. As she sliced the head off of an ultron bot, the blonde spotted Thor get swept away by Ultron out of the corner of her eye. While her guard was down for a spilt second, a bot came at her hard, knocking it's heavy metal arm into her chest. The force sent her flying back into a car, and for a second- everything went black. She quickly woke up to the sound of Natasha and Steve's voice approaching her. "Bella!" Nat yelled, while Cap followed closely behind and threw his shield into the robot's chest. 

As they reached the injured blonde, Natasha electrocuted the thing, killing it. The red head knelt down above Isabella, who was just starting to pull herself back together. She had a small stream of blood coming from the top of her head, and every muscle in her body ached, but she ignored it. She had to. "You okay?" Natasha asked her worriedly and helped her get to her feet. Isabella ignored the searing pain in her head and every one of her limbs as she responded to the worried assassin. "I'm good, but we've got to find a way to stop this, we can't kill all of Ultron's bots." She said, and Nat glanced at Steve. "We've got Stark working on that as we speak, are you sure you're good to keep going?" Steve asked her. 

"I'll be damned if I let you guys save the world a second time without me." Isabella stated, earning a small chuckle from the man. "If you say so. Let's save the world then." Steve said, and the three of them jogged off into the dusty and debris covered distance. "What do you got, Stark?" Steve called over coms as they ran toward a collapsed gas station where cries of civilians were emitting from. "Huh? Nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface, if you guys can get clear." Stark's response made Isabella a little nervous. Blowing up the city? Would that really be their only option? "I asked for a solution, not an escape plan." Steve responded as he helped some civilians find their way out of the building and through the dust. 

"Impact radius gets bigger every second, we're gonna have to make a choice." Stark said, his voice quieting. By now, the three had parted ways in order to help more people. Isabella walked through the clouded atmosphere, coughing as she inhaled an unhealthy amount of dust, listening in on the com conversation. "Cap, these people are going nowhere." Natasha's voice was filled with worry as it came through the coms in Bella's ears. Isabella caught up with Natasha and Steve a few minutes later. They were standing in the center of it all, surrounded by crashed cars and debris. She ran up to them and joined in on their conversation. "If Stark finds a way to blow this rock.." Natasha trailed off at the end of her sentence. "Not till everyone's safe."

Isabella's eyes focused on the blue of the sky and the white, fluffy clouds that rested in it. It was strange to her, how relaxed and calm the sky looked even amongst total chaos. The view reminded the woman of Lilly, and how she used to always drag Isabella to the backyard just to stare at the sky and guess what shapes the clouds looked most like. She hadn't always appreciated it then, but she sure did regret not doing it more now that her sister was gone. Either way, Isabella much preferred gazing at the stars than the cloud. The two siblings were different like that. Isabella was more of the serene and quiet type, while her sister was the complete opposite. She was so full of light, so energetic and happy. You couldn't help but smile when you were in her presence.  

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there." Isabella shook her head at Natasha's words, her stomach twisting in knots at the idea. If they all died up here, all the work they had done for this team would be for nothing, gone, vanished- just like that. "I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it." Steve said. "I didn't say we should leave." Natasha said, earning a concerned look from the blonde. Isabella chimed in. "No way in hell is that happening, Nat. We can find another way." Isabella said. Steve said nothing, but looked at the two of them, looking slightly defeated. Nat looked at Isabella sadly. "There's worse ways to go." Isabella could feel the knots in her stomach tighten at the look the red head gave her, it was almost like she was.. ready? No, she couldn't- not after how far she'd come. Isabella wouldn't allow it.  

"Why is no one listening to me? We are not dying up here. You are not dying up here, I won't allow it." Isabella said, her voice filled with frustration, her eyes glassy. Natasha turned to the blonde, and glanced down at her hands. She interlaced her porcelain fingers with Bella's slender, olive ones. "No-" The blonde choked out. "Where else am I gonna get a view like this?" Natasha said, in a failed attempt to lighten up the mood. "Glad you like the view, cause It's about to get a whole lot better." The group looked at each other briefly in utter shock as the Hellicarrier rose into view. Isabella had never been more happy to hear that man's voice in her life. "Fury, you slick bastard." She said in complete awe as Natasha intertwined their fingers together. Isabella looked at the red head, who was smiling, but looked ahead at the carrier. 

"Nice, right? She's dusty, but she'll do." Nick said over the radio. "This is SHIELD?" Pietro asked from in front of them as he watched the life boats float toward them. The group smiled. "This is what SHIELD's supposed to be." Steve replied, still looking at the metal carriers as they descended onto the floating section of Sokovia. "This is not so bad." Pietro said gleefully.  "Let's load 'em up!" Cap said, quickly running off into the distance to gather civilians with Natasha and Isabella in tow. Tony and Rhodes assisted with taking out the bots that came at the hellicarrier in the sky while the rest of the group helped get civilians into the carriers. "I got 50 or 100 more in this group!" Steve's voice was loud and commanding in the distance, but Isabella was too busy ushering frantic people into the direction of the carriers. 

Thor, I got a plan." Stark said over coms. "We're out of time. They're coming for the core."  Thor warned the group. "Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier. Avengers, time to work for a living." Stark said, and Cap ran off into the direction of all the fighting. Isabella looked around, attempting to find a way there that would be fast enough. In the distance, she heard the honk of a bus horn followed by the sound of Natasha's voice. "Get in!" She said as the doors opened, and Isabella shook her head with a perfect grin on her face. She hopped in and hit the dashboard. "Let's kill some robots." 

"Romanoff? You and Dimitri better not be playing dirty truth or dare!" Stark teased over coms. Isabella furrowed her brows and scoffed. "Relax, shellhead. Not all of us can fly." Natasha replied, keeping her hands steady on the wheel as they sped through the debris filled streets. Robots climbed onto the front of the bus as they drove, finally crashing into a wrecked dumpster and jumping out of the vehicle once they reached their destination. They ran over and joined the rest of the group under a dome like structure, surrounded by bots. "What's the drill?" Romanoff asked Stark. "This is the drill." Stark said, pointing to the core in the middle of the circle. "If Ultron gets his hands on the core, we lose."

All eyes shifted to Ultron as he slowly descended down in front of the group, the sky dead silent as his metal feet made contact with the ground. There wasn't a single bot, but they all knew that wouldn't last. "Is that the best you can do?!" Thor yelled at him, and Ultron put his arm in the air, signaling his bots. They all came running from all directions, joining his side like an army. They were everywhere, and there were way too many. It would take ages to fight them all off. "You had to ask." Steve said. "This is the best I can do." Ultron said confidently, staring into the fatigued eyes of the Avengers. "I'm going to need a long ass nap after this." Isabella said, pulling her swords from her back. "This is exactly what I wanted, all of you against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me?"  Stark's voice came through his suit. "Well, like the old man said.. Together."