ten.

THE QUINJET WAS SILENT ON THE WAY BACK. In light of their most recent defeat, they all sat in different areas of the jet deep in thought. Isabella couldn't even bring herself to so much as look Natasha's way, much less talk to her. She bit her lip in an attempt to hold back the tears that wanted so badly to escape her blue irises. "The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but It's in the air." Hill's voice came over the intercom. "The Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony asked quietly. "Already on the scene. How's the team?" Hill responded, a hint of worry in her tone.

"Everyone's.." Tony trailed off in an attempt to find the right words. "We took a hit, we'll shake it off." He finished. "Well for now I'd stay in stealth mode, and stay away from here." Hill warned them. "So, run and hide?" Tony asked Hill. "Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer." Hill said sadly. Tony sighed, looking over the group of heroes. "Neither do we." He said, and Hill disappeared from the little screen at the front of the jet. Isabella kept her head low, shifting her legs to the left, so that she wouldn't have to be so close to Natasha.

The red head hadn't seemed to notice her movement, which only told her that what she had seen couldn't have been much worse than what Isabella did. The blonde wanted to say something, anything, to make Natasha feel better, but there was nothing she could say or do right now that would make either of them feel better about the situation. When they landed, the group walked off of the jet after it landed in a grassy area. There was a small barn and a little house near it. It was charming, but a peculiar area for a group of heroes to go.

Clint held Natasha up as they walked side by side at the front, and the rest of the group followed behind. Isabella stayed at the back of the group, keeping to herself. "Honey, I'm home." Clint called out as they entered the house, and a dark haired woman came into sight. She looked surprised, but relieved. "Hi, company. Sorry, Didn't call ahead." He said worriedly as she approached him, smiling directly at Clint. "Hey." He said, kissing her on the lips sweetly and hugging her.

"This is an agent of some kind." Stark said to Thor, assuming. Clint turned back the group. "Guys, this Is Laura." Clint introduced her. "I know all of your names." Laura said, laughing awkwardly. Isabella heard fast incoming footsteps rush down the steps, and she quickly placed her hand on her gun in it's holster. She sighed when a little girl and boy rushed down the steps and ran into Clint's arms. "Dad!" The girl yelled. "Hey, Buddy!" He exclaimed, bringing his kids in for a hug.

"Did you bring auntie Nat?" The little girl asked her dad innocently. Isabella widened her eyes a little and smiled at Nat's reaction. "Why don't you hug her and find out?" Natasha said, creeping toward the little girl and picking her up with a smile on her face. The scene made Isabella's feelings toward the red head grow slightly, and she carried her to the other side of the room. "Sorry for barging in on you." Steve said.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no Idea that you existed." Stark remarked. "Yeah, well, Fury had me set this up when I joined. He kept it off SHIELD'S files, I'd like to keep it that way. I figured It's a good place to lay low." Clint said. "So, how's little Natasha?" Nat said, putting her hands on Laura's very pregnant belly and smiling at her. "She's.. Nathaniel." Laura said, gritting her teeth. Isabella watched as the two of them conversed, and Isabella couldn't take it anymore. She needed to get out of that damn room. "I'm gonna go clean up." She said, clearing her throat and heading down the hallway.

She went into the first room she saw, shutting the door behind her and pressing her back against the door. She closed her eyes for a second, just letting all of her walls fall away for even a split second. It didn't last long though. Isabella pulled herself from the door, and stripped off her black jacket that was riddled with dirt and blood. She threw it onto the ground and walked over to the full length mirror in the room, finally getting a good look at the cuts and bruises she had acquired over the length of the day.

She had a pretty big cut on her shoulder, and another bigger one on her middle back that she would have trouble reaching. She smoothed her hair out, and pulled it back into a messy ponytail to keep it out of the wound while she patched it up. Walking into the bathroom, she grabbed some antiseptic and a cotton pad, as well as a few bandages. She sat on the bed, starting with the smaller cut on her shoulder.

She seethed through her teeth as the antiseptic healed her cut, and then started wrapping the wound with the bandages. She heard a light knock on the door about mid bandage, and sighed, knowing who it was. "Come in." She said quietly, keeping her gaze on her shoulder as she finished wrapping it. Natasha entered quietly, the door creaking as she opened it. "Hey." Natasha said quietly as she entered, closing the door behind her.

She stayed on her side of the room, not knowing what to say to break the painful silence that filled the room. Isabella stayed silent as she tried to pull her tank top up to bandage up that pesky cut. She groaned quietly when she realized she couldn't do it on her own. "Want me to help with that?" Nat asked, and took Isabella's quiet nod as a yes. The red head sat down behind Isabella on the edge of the bed, the blonde's back facing her.

Isabella breathed in sharply at the sudden feeling of Natasha's hands against her skin as she pulled her tank top up and folded it up on the top half of her back. She did her best to keep her composure as Natasha patched up the cut. She couldn't even feel the pain, the only thing she felt was Natasha's hands against her skin. It felt almost too good, sinful even. When Natasha finished patching up the cut, her hands vanished from the blonde's skin, and she automatically missed the feeling.

Isabella sighed as she pulled her tank top back down so that it covered her stomach. She sighed and got up, not saying anything further to Natasha. "Why won't you talk to me?" Natasha asked her, getting up off the bed. Isabella closed her eyes and sighed, keeping her back turned to the red head. "I am talking to you." Natasha scoffed lightly at her response. "You know that's not what I'm talking about."

"In my experience, all love ever gets you is pain. All it's ever gotten me, was pain and loss. Everyone I've ever cared about has died, Nat. It's probably the universe's way of telling meI'm meant to be alone." Isabella said, feeling the tears well up in her eyes. Natasha took a few steps toward the blonde, and lightly placed her hand on Isabella's shoulder.

"You can't run from love forever, Isabella." Natasha whispered, and Isabella finally brought herself to look at her. When she turned around, her face was inches from Nat's. She could feel her warm breath on her face. She forced her eyes down when she felt tears escape her eyes. "Look at me." Natasha said quietly, and Isabella did. Her eyes locked with that of Nat's, and it made her feel things she couldn't explain.

"I care about you, Bells. And because of that I'm willing to wait as long as you need me too, but I can't do that if you'll always be too scared to act on any feelings you have for me." Natasha said, keeping her voice steady as she placed a light kiss on the blonde's forehead. Isabella closed her eyes as Natasha kissed her forehead, only opening them when the feelings of her lips was gone. "Goodnight, Isabella." Natasha said, and she watched her walk away in a blur of red.