thirty-two.

AFTER THE BATTLE, PRESENT DAY.

TONY STARK AND NATASHA ROMANOFF'S FUNERAL

ISABELLA SAT ON THE DOCK OUTSIDE OF WHAT HAD ONCE BEEN TONY'S CABIN. Everyone else was at the funeral, but Isabella couldn't be there. She knew she should be, but it was too hard. She hated funerals. It was nothing but an excuse to sit around and cry together, fuck that. She'd spent so much of her life, crying, losing people. Isabella was sick of losing people. The blonde glanced down at the ring on her finger, a teardrop falling on it. Clint joined her on the dock, taking a spot next to her. "You know, I wish there was a way I could let her know." Clint said quietly, outlooking over the glimmering lake. "She knows." Isabella said quietly, not taking her eyes off the diamond on her finger.  Clint noticed. "That's new." He commented. "Natasha gave it to me, before she um-" she swallowed. "she was gonna ask me to marry her, Clint." Isabella said, looking up at the man almost in tears. "Come here." He said, pulling her into his arms and comforting her as she broke down in Clint's arms. 

"What just happened?" A very familiar voice came from the distance. For a second, Isabella thought she was hearing things. She pulled from Clint's grasp, turning her head to meet the pair of green eyes that she'd met oh so many times. There she was. Natasha, standing there with the returned Captain America. It turned out that he had managed to bring back more then himself after returning all the stones. She pulled herself up from the dock and sprinted up the hill towards the woman, launching herself into her arms. "Natasha." She whispered with tears running down her cheeks, burying her face in her shoulder. "I told you it wasn't goodbye." She said, pulling Isabella's face to hers and kissing her lightly. "You know I don't break my promises, now, can we get married?" Natasha said. "Hell yes, we can get married." 

2 WEEKS LATER

Everyone had gathered for the two Agent's wedding. The outdoor venue buzzed with excitement, and Natasha waited anxiously at the altar for her bride's arrival. The music began, and Natasha felt her heartbeat quicken. That was when their eyes met. Green met blue, and the rest was history. As Nick walked Isabella down the isle, she whispered to him- not taking her eyes off Natasha, "Don't let me trip, or so help me I'll kill you where you stand." She said. "Easy, bridezilla. Watch ya damn step and you won't." He snapped. "Women." He commented. As he handed Isabella off to Natasha, all Isabella could focus on was how happy she looked. Both their hearts racing, the wedding began. "We are gathered together on this day to witness and celebrate the marriage of Natasha and Isabella . Every one of us has a deep desire to love and to be loved. Your marriage today is a public and legal affirmation of the bonding that you had already begun. Marriage is a commitment to live that will allow you to share your lives together. Marriage will stretch you as individuals, deepen your love for one another and bring out the best in each other. So, enjoy your marriage and let it be a time of waking each morning and falling in love with each other all over again."

"Now, do you have your own vows?" The priest asked. "We do." Isabella said. "I'll go first." Natasha spoke up, smiling at Isabella and clearing her throat. "Isabella. God, where do I even start? Ever since the day I laid eyes on you at Shield, I've known there was something different about you. I never knew what love felt like until I met you. I never knew what it felt like to fall hopelessly in love with someone I barely knew. But I fell in love with you, the most perfect woman in the world. You're always there for me. You always know how to make me feel better, you're my best friend. My soulmate, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." Applause erupted from the crowd and there wasn't a dry eye, including Isabella's. "All my life, I spent it looking for something, but I never knew what it was. Then, I walked back into SHIELD after leaving when Lilly died. I met you then, and when I laid eyes on you I knew." she smiled at her soulmate. "I want you to know that when I imagine myself happy, it is with you. And it's your love that I crave. Every moment of every hour. I'm going to love you all the way to the end. It's you. It's always going to be you, Nat." 

"And by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you wife and wife! You may kiss each other."  The priest said, and the two of them crashed their lips onto each other's. Natasha dipped Isabella over as they kissed, holding the back of her head for support. As the pulled away from each other and the crowd stood up, applauding them- all they could focus on was each other. It was as if it was just the two of them together, no one else. "I love you, Isabella Romanoff." Natasha whispered, kissing her one more time before looking pulling her back up. As the ran down the steps and across the isle toward Natasha's motorcycle- they waved and smiled at everybody who wished them the best. Natasha got on the front and Isabella got on the back. "Where to, Mrs. Romanoff?" Natasha asked Isabella.  "Doesn't matter, as long as you're with me."

THE END.