nineteen.

"WHAT'S THE VERDICT?" Isabella asked quickly as Natasha came into the room, leaning on the doorframe. "We've got 36 hours to bring em' in, and we're extremely understaffed." The red head said, exhaling as she walked over to the bed that Isabella sat on the edge of. "Yeah, well you've got me." The blonde said. Natasha shot her a look. "You can't fight. You're injured." Isabella narrowed her eyes. "What makes you think a little bruising is going to keep me out of this fight? I'm fine, Natasha. Don't go all mom on me." She said, a small amount of attitude could be heard in her tone. It had only been about a day since the fight, but with some pain meds and drugs- Isabella would be fine. She'd been through worse. Natasha bit the inside of her lip, staring down the door. Isabella rested her own hand lightly on Natasha's thigh, the sudden contact earning Nat's attention. 

"I can do this, okay? I'm not letting you do this without me, like it or not. Plus, you need all the help you can get." She said, a small smile on her lips now. Natasha covered the blonde's hand with her own, interlacing their fingers together. "Okay, fine. Just, be careful. I- I don't know what I'd do if-" Natasha cut herself off at that last part, but Isabella had some guesses as to what she was about to say. Isabella changed the subject. "Alright, then. Who's first on the recruitment list?" She asked, pushing herself off the bed. "Tony's going to Queens for some teenager, and we're going downstairs." Natasha said, earning a eye brow raise from Bella. "What's downstairs?" 

Natasha said nothing, and Isabella followed her down the dark grey steps that led into SHIELD's lower level of SHIELD. Natasha assumed a position in front of a black BMW standard issue SHIELD SUV, her hands clasped in front of her. Isabella stood beside her as a vehicle pulled up. "Should I be afraid right now?" Isabella whispered. Natasha smirked. "Depends on what you're afraid of." She replied, just as a dark skinned woman with a shaven head got out of the car. She was wearing a black, skin tight dress and pretty much towered over Natasha. She was accompanied by two SHIELD agents wearing their usual suits, and a dark skinned man with facial hair was with her too. 

He wore a fang of some sort around his neck, and his outfit was just a casual form fitting black long sleeve shirt and dress pants. The woman stopped in front of Natasha, and the two of them stared at each other. Isabella felt inferior next to the two women, and even more so as she watched Natasha stand her ground. She was weirdly attracted to both of them, but she would never tell Natasha that. The man stopped in between them. "As entertaining as that would be.." He said in a thick accent. "Can you find them?" Natasha asked him. "My resources are considerable." He said, walking to the door of a car behind Natasha. The other woman moved out of the way as Natasha let the man through and she stood to face him. "Yeah, it took the world 70 years to find Barnes so you could probably do that in half the time." Natasha said. He now leaned on the opened door of a grey sports car. "You know where they are." He noted. "I know someone who does." 

Roughly an hour later, Natasha and Isabella found themselves at the HYDRA Siberian facility facing off with what was supposed to be the other half of the Avengers. Tony and Rhodes has arrived first. Natasha and Isabella came in the quinnjet. "Steve, you know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?" Natasha warned Steve, who didn't seem too threatened. Isabella never knew it would come down to this, a fight between friends. A fight between what used to be team that was created for saving the world. A team who was now divided because of the world they had been created to save. How ironic. 

"Alright. I've run out of patience." Stark said when Rogers didn't respond to Natasha's warning. "Underoos!" He yelled out, calling out to the rest of their makeshift team. Suddenly, Black Panther and Spider Man both came out of hiding. Panther landed on the right flank of Steve, and Spidey swooped in from above- taking cap's shield with his webs in the process. He landed on a storage container behind Tony. "Nice job, kid." Tony applauded him. Steve looked annoyed. "Thanks. Well, I could've stuck the landing a little better, it's just.. new suit. It's nothing, Mr. Stark! It's perfect thank you." The boy squeaked out. 

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation."  Tony stopped his rambling. Isabella chuckled lightly at the interaction. "Okay. Cap. Captain." The kid said, placing his hand over his forehead for a brief, a little out of pocket salute. "Big fan. I'm Spider-Man." He said. Tony stopped him again. "Yeah, we'll talk about it later. Just- good job."  Tony said. The kid didn't reply this time. "You've been busy." Cap finally got a word in. "And you've been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint, 'rescuing' Wanda from a place she doesn't even wanna leave, a safe place! I'm trying to keep-!" Tony stopped himself quickly before he said something wrong.

"I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart." He said, a hint of sadness in his voice. "You did that when you signed." Steve warned him.  The two stared at each other for a second, unreadable expressions on both ends. "All right, we're done. You're gonna turn Barned over, you're gonna come with us, now, because it's us or a squad of J-SOC guys with no compunction about being impolite!" Tony yelled. "Come on." He said again, just barely above a whisper. That's when it happened. Isabella felt something off about the way Steve was giving his responses, almost like he was waiting for something.

 A command, a warning, something. Natasha must have caught it too, because she shot Isabella a look before it happened.  "Hey, guys, something.." Peter started, before getting cut off by a quick moving figure as it backflipped off the container he was on. The kid grunted as he got shot backward off the container, and ant-man replaced him. He stood by Cap. He had the shield, and handed it back to it's rightful owners. Steve looked smug as he took it back. "I believe this is yours, Captain America." Isabella was about to draw her gun. Natasha noticed, and placed her hand onto the blonde's- which was resting over her holstered gun. Isabella glanced at her, concerned. Natasha nodded at her, and she sighed- but moved her hand from her weapon. 

"Alright there's two ahead. I'm gonna grab Maximoff. Rhodey, you wanna take cap?" Stark said. "Got two in the terminal, Wilson and Barnes." Black Panther piped up at the mention of Barnes. "Barnes is mine!" He yelled, dashing of toward the terminal. Now, it was just Isabella, Natasha, and Ant-Man. Hardly even a fair fight. "Look, I don't wanna hurt you." He said. It made Natasha and Isabella laugh a little. "I wouldn't stress about it." Natasha took the words right from her mouth. She kicked him in the groin, causing him to double over. She then passed him over to Isabella- who used her Natasha style moves to grab his arm and twist it backwards, temporarilly paralyzing him. She then used that momentum to grip into a large piece of his suit and throw him. 

She succeeded, and he landed into a shipping container. She looked proudly at Natasha. Natasha smiled at her. "Good job, you're technique could use a little work though." She joked, winking at the blonde. Isabella smiled. He got up though, and ran to Steve's side- who was accompanied by Black Panther on his heels. Rhodey landed beside Natasha. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Steve threw a small object in their direction- which quickly transformed into a full sized cargo truck. Which was hurdling in their direction. Natasha quickly ran at Isabella, pushing her out of the way just in time. The explosion was huge as it made contact with the ground. 

The smell of smoke and burning rubber filled the air. Isabella's ears rang as Natasha rolled off of her. "You okay?" She asked her. Isabella nodded, pulling herself up. Tony landed beside them, and helped Natasha up. "Was this part of the plan?" Isabella asked him, brushing herself off. Her blonde hair was littered with ash. "Well, my plan was to go easy on them. You wanna switch it up?" He asked. Without having  to say anything, the answer was obviously yes. Stark picked up Natasha and took to the air. Rhodey had Isabella. They all flew toward the quin jet, which was where Cap and his team would be  headed. When they landed, Vision had beat them there. "You must surrender now." He said.

The rest of their team filtered in, taking places in the line, vision in the middle. So, there they all stood. The heroes of the world, speakers of the people. The Avengers, but pitted against each other. They weren't a team anymore, and Isabella hated it. Maybe it she hadn't left.. No, she couldn't think like that. But could she be right? It didn't matter right now, what mattered was the issue at hand. The notion that she would have tot inevitable fight her only friends. Her family. Would they survive this? Only time would tell.