eight.

ISABELLA MADE HER WAY THROUGH THE CROWD AFTER FAILING TO DODGE MULTIPLE ENCOUNTERS WITH PEOPLE SHE DIDN'T KNOW OR WANT TO TALK TO. Just before she reached the bar, she felt a tap on the shoulder and sighed. Turning to meet the face of the person who wanted to have a conversation with her, she put on a fake smile. "The famous Agent Dimitri, I'm a huge fan." The light skinned man crowed at her, a dorky smile on his face. "I'm sorry to do this, but I actually have to go. Have a nice night!" She said quickly, pushing through the people again.

The frown on her face was replaced with a small smile when her eyes met Natasha's. She was on bar tending duty, which made Isabella laugh. The blonde took a seat at the bar across from where Natasha was standing. The bar was empty. "Tired of the party already?" Natasha asked, a flirty grin appearing on her features. "That obvious, huh?" Isabella returned the grin and Natasha nodded. "So, what can I get you?" 

"Gin and Tonic, thanks. I'll keep It easy for you." Isabella flirted. Natasha shook her head a little, and grabbed a glass from the cabinet behind her. Bella as Natasha worked on her drink. "So, how'd you get stuck on bar duty?" She asked. Natasha looked back up at her and slid the freshly made drink across the counter to her. "I volunteered. Keeps me out of trouble." She replied. "Makes sense." Isabella replied, taking a sip of her drink without breaking eye contact with the redhead. "Wow, you could cut the sexual tension over here with a knife. What's up, ladies?" Stark said as he stood next to them. "Nice to see you too, Stark." Isabella said, trying to hide the newly pink tint of her cheeks. 

The party was over pretty quickly, Isabella had spent most the night at the Bar talking to Nat. The group now sat in the living room, talking amongst themselves. "But It's a trick!" Clint exclaimed, motioning to Thor's hammer that sat on the table. Thor chuckled in amusement. "No, No It's much more than that." He responded, pouring himself some more liquor. "Ah, whosoever he be worthy shall haveth the power." Clint made his voice deeper and held his arms out, mocking Thor with a beer in his right hand.

Isabella laughed at the two. "Whatever, man! It's a trick!" He said again. Thor motioned to his hammer mid chuckle. "Please, be my guest." Isabella looked to Clint, who got up and walked toward the hammer. The rest of the group watched. "Really?" Isabella asked. "Oh, this Is gonna be beautiful." Sam said. "Clint, you've have a tough week. We won't hold It against you If you can't get It up." Stark teased. The group laughed at the joke. "You know I've seen this before, right?" 

Clint wrapped one hand around the handle and grunted as he attempted to pull the hammer from the table. Isabella raised one eyebrow and covered her mouth with her left hand In an attempt to fumble her laughing. "I still don't know how you do it!" Clint said out of breath, taking his hand from the hammer. "Smell the silent judgement?" Stark teased. "Please, Stark. By all means." Clint said, motioning to the hammer. "Oh god." Isabella said under her breath, sitting back on the couch beside Nat and taking a sip of her drink as she watched Stark confidently prance to the hammer. 

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge." He sniped. "Get after It." Clint said, sitting back down. "It's physics." Stark said as he took grip of the handle. Banner repeated his words in astonishment. "Right. So If I lift It, I then rule Asgard?" Stark asked. "Yes, of course." Thor replied. "I will be reinstituting prima nocta." Stark said as he pulled on the hammer with all his strength. "I'll be right back."

Tony came back with his suit glove on, and grunted as he attempted once again to lift the hammer. Even Sam put his on and attempted to lift the hammer. The group all laughed at their failed attempts. Banner took a shot too, resulting in an embarrassing and fake hulk roar when he couldn't lift it. The room was silent and Thor took a long gulp of his beer. It was Steve's turn next. "Go ahead, Steve. No pressure." Stark called as Cap rolled up his sleeves. He wrapped his hands around the handle, and Isabella heard a slight squeak as the hammer moved just a slight inch. Her eyes widened, but it seemed her and Thor were the only ones who noticed.

Thor laughed It off when Steve gave up. "Nothing." He chuckled as Steve sat back down. "Widow?" Banner invited. "Yeah, Nat. Give It a go." Isabella teased. "Oh, yeah. No. That's not a question I need answered." Natasha responded, looking at Isabella. "Okay, blondie. Come on." Stark asked Isabella. She scoffed In return. "No thanks, I'll leave the testosterone battles to you boys." She said, finishing off her drink. "All difference to the man who wouldn't be king, but It's rigged." Stark said.

"Yeah, that's It." Isabella said. "Bet your ass." Clint chimed in. "Steve, he said a bad word." Hill teased Rogers. "Did you tell everyone about that?" Steve asked Stark. "The handle's imprinted, right? Like a security code." Stark kept on. "Whosoever Is carrying Thor's fingerprints Is I think the literal translation?" Thor smiled and chuckled again. "Yes, It's a very Interesting theory." Thor said, standing to his feet and picking up the hammer with one hand. "I have a simpler one. You're all not worthy." Thor said cockily, twirling the hammer in his hand. 

"Oh, come on!" There was a series of groans and smart comments from the group of heroes. A high pitched noise rang through Isabella's ears and she groaned. The group was all doing the same thing, looking up at the doorway where a voice was coming from. "Worthy." The voice hissed, followed by a sound of mechanical clinking. Isabella furrowed her brows and stood up as she looked at the doorway. There was a robot like thing in the doorway, some form of oil coming from it. There were wires hanging from it, almost like It had been destroyed. 

"No. How could you be worthy? You're all killers." The robot spoke, turning around to reveal a blue mechanical face as It pointed to the group of heroes. "Stark." Cap said, worried. "Jarvis." Stark said. "I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or I was a dream." The robot said. "Reboot Legionnaire OS. We got a buggy suit." Stark whispered into his tablet. "There was this terrible noise.. and I was tangled In all these strings."

"I had to kill the other guy, he was a good guy." The robot said. Isabella and Natasha shared a quick glance, putting their hands on their guns. "You killed somebody?" Cap said. "Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down In the real world we're faced with ugly choices." It spoke again. "Who sent you?" Thor boomed. The robot started playing stark's voice. "I see a suit of armor around the world. " "Ultron." Banner observed. "In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this, chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on mission."

"What mission?" Natasha questioned. "Peace In our time." Ultron said, just as a fleet of Tony's robot came crashing through the walls of the tower from all directions. The force sent all the avengers flying back. Isabella landed into a table, picking her gun up off the ground as she pulled herself up. "Really? Robots? Again? Geez." She said, running off to join in on the fight.