twenty-one.

It had been almost two years since the Avengers fell out, causing a serious rift between the team. Isabella had decided to stay with Natasha at SHIELD. Steve reconciled with Nat and Isabella, so he was back on their side working with them. Wanda and Vision were MIA and Stark was 'inactive' in the eyes of SHIED. Banner was with Stark, and who the hell knew where Thor was. After the fallout of the team, Isabella had struggled with panic attacks. Natasha had been worried sick and constantly hovered over her for months but Isabella refused to see someone. After about 6 months of arguing and fighting on and off between the two- Isabella agreed to start taking medication. Natasha would almost force feed the pill to her every morning.

Natasha and Isabella still had not labeled their relationship as anything yet. They both knew what labels meant, particularly in their line of work. Natasha had been sent on an away undercover op about a month and a half ago, and of course she took it. Fury had really not given the woman an option in the matter. Isabella had wanted more than anything to go with her, but she had been under watch and wasn't suited for field duty at the time. Basically all she could do was eat, sleep and excercise. Hell, she was counting the days until Natasha got back- which just so happened to be today.

Isabella had been waiting anxiously all day for Natasha's arrival, which was coming up soon. It had been pouring rain all day long which had forced her to stay indoors-which she hated. The sky had gotten dark by now, and Isabella sat in a chair in the main room of the SHIELD Triskelion with Fury and a whole team of agents who were searching for Wanda and Vision. They had gone dark a while back, and Vision was technically a national weapon. Isabella saw the headlights of the standard BMW SUV SHIELD Issued car and hopped out of her seat, speed walking toward the elevator and pressing the Lobby floor level.

Before she knew it, Isabella was already outside to greet Natasha as she drove in. It was completely dark outside, since it was 4 am- but the rain didn't falter. Isabella stood under the canopy of the building as she waiting for the sight of Natasha's new blonde hair. After a few, she saw her. Natasha's signature bright platinum locks popped into view and she stood there in the rain, eyes already locked onto Isabella's. Natasha had been wearing a white T-shirt and jeans with a black leather jacket and her hair was down.

The two smiled at each other from the distance, and Natasha started toward her. Isabella met her half way, not caring how wet she was. They didn't say anything and made contact with each other's wet bodies, closing the burning space between their lips with an emotion filled kiss that made both of them question every feeling they'd ever felt. Natasha cupped her hands around Isabella's face, smiling as she broke the kiss. "I missed you too." She teased, a grin on her face as water hurled itself down onto her, soaking her white shirt and hair. Natasha's black lace bra was now showing through her shirt, and it had taken everything Isabella had to not look.

So instead, she kept her eyes locked onto Nat's green eyes. "Natasha?" She asked suddenly, her voice slightly louder as the rain grew harder. Natasha cocked her head, leaning her forehead against Bella's. The raindrops ran off her head and onto Isabella's face. Water droplets collected on her eyelashes, causing her to blink aggressively. Isabella' expression was serious now. "Promise me this is forever?" She breathed out, her mouth agape as the words escaped. Natasha looked startled, but caught her breath enough to respond. "I promise." She said, closing the distance again for a shorter length of time.

By now both women were back inside where it was dry. The SHIELD base was quiet now, everyone sleeping peacefully in their rooms. Isabella and Natasha stood in Bella's room, drying themselves off with towels. The rain beaded down harder now on the windows in Bella's room., The sound of thunder in the background soothed her. The two shared glances from across the room as Natasha dried her red hair. Without realizing it, the blonde had slowly inched closer to the red head without breaking eye contact. Natasha stood her ground almost defensively, but they both knew Isabella had already gotten past all of the red room assassin's defenses.

The wet towel in Isabella's hand dropped to the ground behind her and her newly free hand reached up to Natasha's face slowly, brushing a strand of wet hair behind her ear. Natasha's breathing quickened slightly, her eyes glimmering in the moonlit room. Without saying anything, Natasha gave in. Just like that, the distance between their lips closed without warning. Suddenly, there was a sense of need. A sense of urgency in the way they moved together. Natasha clashed her lips onto Isabella's harshly, as if she would disappear if they stopped.

It felt like time had stopped as they moved closer toward the wall, pausing as the kiss intensified. With hungry eyes, both women knew they had the other's permission. Natasha gained her confidence after being reassured that this is what the blonde wanted. A standard SHIELD issued lamp fell to the ground with a clatter as Natasha pushed Isabella's back against the wall. They paused for a second, breaking the kiss to see what had broke. "It was ugly anyways." Natasha disregarded it, pulling Isabella back into her and swiftly sliding her soaked shirt over her head. Isabella did the same with Natasha until they were both in their under garments. They moved to the bed and Isabella stole the top position and they pulled themselves under the covers, grasping at each other's body heat.

Now that they were both together for the first time, like really together, Isabella had seen Natasha in a way she had never seen her before. Completely unguarded, vulnerable, and beautiful. Natasha's gaze faltered as Isabella pulled back for a second to look Natasha in the eyes. The smallest of smiles appeared on her moonlit face. "What's wrong?" She said quietly, reaching up and brushing her thumb across her cheek. Isabella shook her head. "Nothing. I just- I think that I-" Isabella caught herself before letting those last two words slip. Natasha didn't push the subject, but she knew what the blonde was about to say. Natasha smiled again and pulled her legs out from under Isabella's. In one swift movement the red head was on top of Bella.

Their bodies pressed as close as possible, the warmth of Natasha's body radiating down onto her own, her hair raining down over her head and shoulders, Natasha's lips on her body. If there was such thing as love out there, sure enough, Isabella Dimitri had found it..