15

Abraxas sat on a bench outside Malfoy Manor, smoking a cigarette as his father was probably drinking more.

He waited in a crisp black suit with his hair in a slicked back gelled style in the winter bite, his lips and fingers blue and cold. His face was even paler than usual but the tint of pink from the cold brought color back to his face.

Abraxas was supposed to be at Hogwarts right now but was let off because of a Malfoy family party in honor of him becoming the next heir on his 18th birthday.

The entrance door creaked, indicating that someone had attempted to open it discreetly.

Malfoy looked to his right where the entrance was and saw his mother with a weakened smile, wearing an elegant black dress that went past her knees to present modesty in a mother and wife.

"Abraxas."

His mother rasped.

"Mother."

Abraxas responded.

"I told you to stop smoking these cigarettes. You've picked up on your fathers habits." She said, her voice growing softer as she continued the sentence as if she grew dissociated midway.

"Don't say I'm like father. You know full well that I shouldn't even be compared to a despicable cretin I call a father." Abraxas puffed at his cigarette as his mother held her breath in.

"Darling, please be on your best behavior at the party. This is organized for you and can benefit us." Mrs. Malfoy quickly changed the subject and ignored the vulgar mutters that Abraxas was preforming.

"Like we don't have enough fucking money, mother. We're stacked with cash in almost every currency imaginable." Abraxas argued. He was in an appalling mood and these interrogating questions only tugged at his last nerve.

She looked at Malfoy with a warning look and Abraxas felt his childhood flash before his eyes. In an instant, he softened and slumped in his seat, throwing his now useless cigarette on the marble pavement.

The night sky rose and clouded over Malfoy Manor. The party was sooner than he thought.

"Greet the guests Abraxas. Remember that we are doing this for you." Mrs. Malfoy said in a deceitful friendly tone.

Abraxas walked into Malfoy Manor and was automatically greeted by the smell of heavy alcohol and strong cologne. The smell of a citrus perfume threw accents around. It definitely wasn't his mother. It was another one of his fathers mistresses.

His father walked down the stairs, step by step, his strong Malfoy genes apparent as he wore the same suit as Abraxas but with robes over it.

Abraxas' father didn't smile when he saw Abraxas but merely grimaced as if he was a disgrace.

"You've finally decided to clean up your exterior appearance. Let's hope you cleaned up your interior one as well." Mr. Malfoy said as he sipped on fine wine, reaching the end of the stairs.

"Very witty father. Perhaps we shall see when your guests begin leaving just by my natural charm." Abraxas said sarcastically, feeling particularly bold and lofty in his father's looming presence.

"You'll never earn my respect unless you begin maturing and stop partying like a madman. You won't make it out of Hogwarts unless you start focusing on school and not getting in girls knickers." Mr. Malfoy said, somehow still towering over Abraxas even though they were both the same height.

Abraxas scoffed.

"Coming from the man who never had to work for a dime in his life and always has another whore around." Abraxas quickly said, not thinking about what he said.

His father rose a palm and slapped Abraxas across his face as a warning. Abraxas' mother quickly grabbed Abraxas' forearm and pulled him back away from his father.

Abraxas still stood colossal and ignored the searing pain on his reddened cheek.

"The next heir to the Malfoy name is unfortunately my pitiful son. Once you inherit all of this and have all the power on your bejeweled hands, everything will crumble. You're a lamb to the slaughter." Abraxas' father lastly said before ordering the house elf to get him a glass of wine.

Abraxas' mother still clutched onto his forearm, as if still scared his father would return.

"Don't get on your fathers nerves today Abraxas."

His mother warned.

Not long after, guests began flooding in, not suspecting anything through Abraxas' painted smile.

Everyone was dressed in nice, expensive clothing and useless items to confirm their prosperity.

The guests all sat down at a large dining table, lined with the finest satin not many can afford. They all sat up with perfect posture and a posh manner, talking about their children's successes and their own riches.

"I think that you should consider finding a compatible wife for Abraxas when he inherits the Malfoy inheritance and power." A man with a balding head and thick glasses said to Abraxas' father.

"Of course. We were perhaps considering a Parkinson or a Zabini because of their beauty and substantial wealth." Abraxas' father said, drowning his food down with wine.

"I would possibly suggest a Rosenyx, considering that late Genevieve and Adonis' daughter, Lilith, is stunning and the family name's net worth is over a billion galleons." Another lanky man said with crisp maroon robes.

"She went to Beauxbatons, I heard. No one knows anything about her parents murder or anything. Still reckon she's a good one." The balding man said again, suggesting something.

"She's a French girl so I bet she won't hesitate to take her kickers off for you, old lad." The lanky man said to Abraxas' father, laughing a throaty laugh.

The men of the table laughed tremendously but Abraxas remained silent, the deep pit of disgust in his stomach was inevitable now. The way they fantasized about young girls was sickening.

As Abraxas was about to get up and leave, one of his fathers friends boomed a question at him.

"I heard Lilith's a virgin. Make sure to get into her panties first before anyone else does, alright Abraxas?"

Abraxas cringed in disgust and quickly excused himself, his face pale and his breath hitched. He ran his fingers through his hair, messing it up as he went to the fireplace in Malfoy Manor.

He grabbed a handful of Floo powder and stood in the fireplace, having to crouch because of his height.

"Hogwarts."

Abraxas felt his eyes squeeze shut as he fell straight onto a hard surface.

He was right outside Dippet's office.

Quickly getting up, Abraxas went down the halls, catching a glimpse of raven hair and fair skin.

Abraxas caught up to the girl, grabbing her forearm and pulling her into the girls bathroom.

They collided against the bathroom wall and Abraxas looked at her.

She looked terrified and the color was drained from her cheeks.

Lilith.

"Want to go somewhere?"