23

"I don't need to prove what has already been proven."

The sickening tone of Tom's voice shook Lilith to her core. The devilish smile that was on his face glared back at her.

"What do you mean?" Lilith asked foolishly. Her innocence in what was about to happen was almost funny.

"I've been here all along." Tom slipped out of Lilith's grasp, circling her.

Tom stopped behind Lilith, brushing her hair out of her face and bending down to her ear, his lips grazing against her.

"The demon that poisons your mind."

Lilith closed her eyes and felt as Tom held her chin up with his hand, his arm around her waist, her skirt riding up slightly as she pressed against him.

"Perhaps, you don't remember that night." Tom said, silence filled the room and Lilith suddenly felt at peace until a wand pressed against her temple, a harsh sting hit her and she fell unconscious.

-

The sound of an opera played distantly from the Rosenyx residence. Yet, only darkness could be seen. The tall bushes in front of the mansion shielded most of the exterior.

The floorboards creaked as feet met the cold floor. Creaking with every step.

Father refused to fix it. He refused to fix anything. Not even his marriage. His life was slowly falling apart with anger and agitation.

Mother lounged around all day, doing what a wealthy woman would do during these times. Drinking tea and criticising house elves work knowing full well that they never worked for a galleon in their life.

Everyday, they looked past Lilith. She was only there for the media and a good reputation under the perfect Rosenyx name.

Beautiful and perfect Lilith Rosenyx.

Always kept her mouth shut like a good, obedient daughter. Every dirty pervert's dream.

The floorboards creaked from Lilith's room all the way down to her parents room.

A knife held loosely in her hand.

Her nightgown hid all her body features exactly how she wanted.

16-year-old Lilith Rosenyx.

About to inflict pain to end her own.

The bedroom door opened quietly as if it was never latched. The bedroom was completely in her view.

The open window, the king bed, the posh and elegant paintings. Lilith assumed her parents to be asleep from the light snoring.

Lilith couldn't think properly. Her mind was taken over by the adrenaline and burden she carries. The voices in her. The sick, cruel voices that told her what to do.

She felt the tall shadow beside her. Violating her boundaries.

"Do it."

The voices were hiss-like. It was invading her through and through. No more sane thoughts ran through her mind anymore.

Lilith clutched the knife tightly. She wouldn't remember this in the morning. She couldn't be charged of crime.

The peaceful snoring brought Lilith back to reality.

Without any other thought, she stepped forward into the bedroom. Nearing towards the bed with every step she took.

She took out her wand from the pocket of her gown, planning how she would evacuate this.

Her mother tossed and turned as her eyebrows furrowed, gripping the sheets closer to her.

The troubling thought of a night assassin watching her as she slept only grew as if the thought had been placed in her mind.

Slowly but swiftly, her mother sat up to reach for the glass of water resting on her bedside table. Her eyes glanced at Lilith who was standing in the shadows. The sight of her terrors made her drop her glass, too panicked to scream and instead shook her husband awake.

"W-What?" The grumble of Lilith's father worded.

Lilith's mother pointed at the figure and her father jumped back to the head of the bed.

Lilith stepped out from the shadows in rage. A dagger in one hand and a wand in the other. The menacing look on her face was enough to kill someone.

"Mother. Father." Lilith smiled at the frightened look on their faces.

"My mind is filled with curiosities." Her voice was different. It was childlike.

Too scared to say anything, they simply just stared.

"Do you know the pain you put me through?" Lilith smiled uncontrollably.

"Do it. Do it before it's too late." The voices were all around the room.

Laughter filled her head, making her dizzy and impulsive.

"Victor Evans. A muggle. That muggle is my father. All the proof that mother is a fucking hypocrite. Going about saying the basic rules of keeping magic blood pure while shagging a muggle." The laughter in Lilith's voice was sickening as it pierced through their heads.

"How do you know about that?" Her mother rasped out as she clutched the bed sheets. Her father didn't seem to process the information about his wife. He was fixated on the shadow behind Lilith. A larger shadow.

Manic laughter boomed out of Lilith. A demon in a girl's body. She raised the dagger up along with her other arm and pressed the blade on her wrist.

"I don't know, mother. Why don't you take a guess?" With one clean cut, blood was pouring out of the deadly gash which hit her arteries.

"I bet you can smell the filthy halfblood blood from there." The tears blurred her eyes once more.

"You'll pay. You'll pay. You'll pay for everything you put me through."

"Lilith, put that wand d—"

A green flash hit her father. His head banged against the wall behind him as blood seeped out the wound on his skull.

Her mother looked at her dead husband with a face of fright and a deafening scream.

The grief hit Lilith like a bolt of lightning.

Her mother.

Her mother that once read her stories at night when she couldn't sleep.

Her mother that took her out on picnics and taught her how to paint.

Her mother that now sat, frightened and glistening with tears.

Her mother wasn't the hero. A corrupted soul hidden.

"Obliviate." Lilith choked back tears as all the memories flushed out of her mother's eyes.

"Avada Kedavra."

Gone.

The shadow from behind Lilith shifted, a great burden being lifted off her shoulders.

From across the room, the tall shadow turned into a physical presence.

Tall and lean.

Elegant and intimidating.

Ice cold eyes that had a dark aura.

Lilith looked at him longer.

A male that was a bit older than her with black hair, pale and sickly skin, and cursed eyes.

Tom Marvolo Riddle was there from the start.