24

The blinding lights were pestering her. Her head was pounding. Everything seemed to be moving towards her, making her claustrophobic.

Tom's devious smirk invaded her mind. Every time she tried to think avoid him, he always found a way back into her mind and body.

Everything about him made her shudder. From his dead-like eyes to his touch.

His cold touch.

Lilith jolted awake, her legs almost trapped in the bed sheets of the Hospital Ward. Nurses were rushing quidditch players to beds quickly, chatter was quiet.

No. This wasn't right.

Lifting the sheets, Lilith's feet touched the ground and her eyes went dark as she tried to stand up, almost collapsing back onto the bed.

A nurse noticed her attempting to get up and quickly shuffled to her, gently laying her back down.

"Oh no, Lilith. You can't be getting up. You just suffered a horrible state of unconsciousness that drains you of all energy." The nurse tucked her back in and smoothed the sheets.

"Pardon?" Lilith was confused as to what the nurse had meant by her weak, physical state.

"Dear, you passed out a couple nights ago and Riddle had taken care of you for a while until we brought you over here." Said the nurse, no sign of confusion marked across her face.

"No, that's impossible. I was just at the quidditch match." Lilith looked crazy as she blabbered on about random stuff no one knew about.

"Oh, this happens when one has been unconscious for too long. You begin to dream about things that seem to be current. I've had many cases like that." The nurse smiled warmly and scampered away to treat an injured Gryffindor.

Everything seemed like a puzzle with all the wrong pieces. None of it seemed to connect.

She was just in the chamber of secrets with Tom. He showed her how she killed her parents under the influence of him.

He showed her how she killed her parents under the influence of him.

He placed thoughts into her mind, it was like poison.

Tom could've made her think she got out of the Hospital Ward early and made her think that she went through all of that when she was just unconscious.

Or, she was crazy.

It was like that devilish school all over again.

All these thoughts about Tom made her head seem like it was going to explode.

She looked at the quidditch players and the realization hit her. The quidditch game was today.

All thoughts about Tom vanished and were replaced with thoughts about Abraxas. The way she wanted to hear his witty remarks and see his cocky wink every time he flirted with her.

The theory of this all being déjà vu was running through her head.

Pushing herself to get out of bed, she quickly pulled herself up and grabbed her Slytherin tie which was sitting on the edge of her bed, now clasped between her fingers as she rushed through the halls in her messy uniform.

Her walking pace quickly turned into running as she left the ward, pacing through the halls, desperate to get to the quidditch stadium before it was too late.

Time was going quickly yet slowly. Lilith had completely lost track of time.

Making it out to the school grounds, the stadium wasn't too far away as she picked up her pace.

The chanting was distant but growing louder as she made it closer and closer.

Eventually, Lilith made it. The sounds of the crowd roaring as the Slytherin team held the quidditch house cup, kissing it and showing it off.

Abraxas' platinum hair was distinguishable from the rest of the team. His hair was messy from all of the wind and his cheeks were rosy as small droplets of sweat trickled down his face and neck.

A smile crept up on Lilith's face as she felt a random burst of energy in her. She ran towards Abraxas who noticed her in the corner of his eye.

"Lili—"

She wrapped her Slytherin tie around his neck, pulling him down and coyly grinned at him.

"What are you doing?" Abraxas asked. He awkwardly laughed a bit when he whispered.

Lilith wrapped her arms around his neck and jumped on him, he caught her as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

His grey eyes were glistening in the sunlight as his cold breath was close to her face. Time seemed to slow down as Lilith quickly pulled his face down to hers. Their lips connected in a passionate kiss as the quidditch team cheered and hollered around them.

Tom watched from the seats with Catherine by his side, hugging his arm as she talked on and on about random stuff he could care less about. Catherine didn't seem to get the memo that he wasn't interested and instead thought that they were an official couple.

He kept his eyes fixated on Lilith as she longingly kissed Abraxas. His arms wrapped around her, holding her up. Lilith's arms around his neck, pulling him in closer to her. Her eyes were delicately closed as she gripped Abraxas' hair with her hand softly.

Her skirt had fit her perfectly and her white button up shirt clung onto her. She made a school uniform look like it was made for her specifically.

Tom recalled what had happened earlier. The chamber of secrets. The memory being brought back to Lilith. He knew about all of that. He specifically put that thought in her mind.

He recalled how close he was to her. Their faces inches apart as he felt her soft breath graze against him ever so slightly.

It filled him with an unfamiliar rage.

He couldn't tell who or what made him more furious. Lilith kissing Abraxas or Abraxas kissing Lilith back.

It was off plans. This wasn't supposed to happen. After the core thought, she was supposed to be running back to him. Completely helpless and in need of assistance.

The more he watched the pair, the more tense he got. His jaw was clenched tightly as his eyes flickered red.

Lilith finally pulled away from Abraxas as they both laughed. She glanced over at Tom for a second and he noticed.

As soon as Tom caught glimpse of her looking at him, Riddle grabbed Catherine's face and kissed her, removing his hand to grab the back of her head to pull her closer.

Lilith looked back at Abraxas who had a wide smile on his face and couldn't help but forget about Tom.

It was all a game of jealousy now.