8

Try talking to Tom.

That's hopeless.

Tom ignored Lilith now.

They acknowledged each other's presence but didn't mention it.

It was the middle of April now.

April 17th, 1943. 11 days that Lilith had been here.

Every week was the same. Abraxas and Tom didn't look at her, the news of the weird screaming died out, more guys thinking that they had a chance with her, and endless classes and homework.

The news of her being the new deal still hadn't died out and she was still taunted by boys.

Lilith day in her empty dorm room in a chair. Bags under her eyes and her hair dull and messy.

She wore a white Oxford shirt and most of the buttons were undone. Ink was splattered over it.

Books and parchment was everywhere. Ink was on her fingers and palm.

The book she had gotten from the library almost two weeks ago, Defense against the Dark Arts: What they don't tell you, was left on her desk, only read once.

Lilith grabbed the book and flipped through the pages and stopped on a chapter named Horcruxes.

She started to read it eagerly.

"A horcrux is a form of dark magic that makes people immortal by taking a part of their soul and implanting it in an object. By taking a soul, you can then split your soul and make a horcrux."

Lilith stopped reading there and started to observe the pages.

She saw neat but scribbled handwriting on the pages. This wasn't there before.

"1/7: Diary

2/7: Gaunt Ring

R n̶e̶x̶t̶"

Lilith immediately closed the book and looked at the cover.

The initials LV was carved on it.

That could be anyone.

R.

Who was R?

Lilith got up, tossing the book on her bed.

A knock on the door startled Lilith.

Catherine's head peeked through the door.

"The feast is beginning. I know you've been put out but we would appreciate it if you could come." Catherine said, fully opening the door to reveal Theo and Gatsby quietly arguing with each other while Caspian waved at her.

"Yeah. You guys can go first. I have to get cleaned up." Lilith said, cleaning the mess around her.

Catherine smiled weakly and left.

Lilith sighed and picked up her robes and changed her shirt, getting ready quickly.

-

Lilith sat down away from her friends, picking at her food.

She hadn't had a proper meal in ages.

Lilith took a bite out of her chicken and felt disgusted.

She put her fork down and just looked at her food.